The online racing simulator
Demo server players can be real unpleasant...
Sorry.. Just had to vent..

Some jerk was deliberately crashing on LFS demo league.. Started a ban vote against him and ended up getting banned myself for no reason (guess he had friends)... Real good way of encouraging new people to play.. Feels like Im playing UO as a noob all over again..
#2 - DeKo
Quote from Macels :Sorry.. Just had to vent..

Some jerk was deliberately crashing on LFS demo league.. Started a ban vote against him and ended up getting banned myself for no reason (guess he had friends)... Real good way of encouraging new people to play.. Feels like Im playing UO as a noob all over again..

there is nothing any of us, or indeed the dev team can actually do about that. wreckers are pretty non-existant in S2. my only reccomendation would be to maybe play on a server with people you know and an admin present, should be fine and good racing
Hi Guys,

I race on LFS Demo a little bit when i want to have ago with the old track and old car (To me). Ive raced on demo 6 months and 4 months S2. I also have an answer for you:

S2 = £24 down = Best buy ever

Matt

P.s One of the reasons why i got s2 is because of crashers and also because i got bored winning and the track was becoming boring.

Edit : Btw I recommend Apexi Racing Server or DSR Racing Team
Well I certainly haven't gotten bored of winning yet. I still have yet to break 1:37 on BL GP with the GTI.. No point really in graduating to tougher cars until I can get a semi decent time in the noob one..

Silly question though... When I had the ban vote going for this guy, I got the message "Macel took over for Hakkinen RUS" and all of a sudden the ban vote I had going for the other guy switched to me.. Which is how I got banned... What the heck happened there?
#5 - bbman
Quote from Markz :Something must have happened with that T button down in the lower right... I never could figure out exactly how that happened, besides the basic principle of how two people can use it to interchange drivers...

Completely wrong... The other guy changed his name to match Macels' and started a vote himself... Everyone on the server, confused who was who, just pressed 1 -> Macels got banned...

Macel: Don't worry, it only lasts one day...
Quote from Markz :EDIT: lol didn't realize I broke 300 posts... Does that make me the longest-running S2 demo user EVUR? lol.

No, there are people who have played the demo for years and still continue..

Buy S2!
only way to solve then Demo problems is by buying an S2 licence
#8 - bbman
Quote from Markz :AHH sorry lol I wasn't thinking about the name-change thing, my bad.

But you can't have the EXACT same name as someone else in a server... Unless you change one of the characters in the name to another very similar-looking character.

If I'm not mistaken, you can... And as you can't divide them by a licence name, there is no way to tell who is the real one...
Yeah i decided to race a friend who didn't have s2 and we choose a demo server and we started racing and suddenly we both got in front 1,2 places and we got kicked for being good enough to beat the admin

it's stupid s2 rocks
Quote from DeKo :wreckers are pretty non-existant in S2.

Not from what I have heard

Quote from Markz :
EDIT: lol didn't realize I broke 300 posts... Does that make me the longest-running S2 demo user EVUR? lol.

1 year and 4 months? Bah, that is all I have

Quote from geeman1 :No, there are people who have played the demo for years and still continue..

Buy S2!

Quote from hughesie89 :Yeah i decided to race a friend who didn't have s2 and we choose a demo server and we started racing and suddenly we both got in front 1,2 places and we got kicked for being good enough to beat the admin

it's stupid s2 rocks

Don't go to the bad servers
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Not from what I have heard

I don't remember the last time I saw a wrecker in S2...I'm sure it happens on occasion, but if it does, they are kicked and usually banned from the server. In some cases, a ban can extend to a large group of servers, meaning the individual can't just jump on any other server and do the same. I've only experienced wreckers maybe once every few months personally.
#12 - Mykl
Quote from Macels :Well I certainly haven't gotten bored of winning yet. I still have yet to break 1:37 on BL GP with the GTI.. No point really in graduating to tougher cars until I can get a semi decent time in the noob one..

Don't worry about that. The best I can do on BL1 in the XFG is relatively consistent 1:36.XX's with the rare 1:35.XX. I bought S2 and mostly drive on the STCC servers and in less than a week I've got my Bronze license. The reason is... no matter how bad you think you are, all you need is some experience and practice to pick it up. You may as well build that experience while driving against people who don't treat you like a bowling pin going into T1. T1 wrecks still happen, but instead of going flying waaaay off the track into the wall you'll only really just get spun out on accident.

I enjoy, or used to enjoy driving on the Demo League Server every now and then, but in the last few days it's been mostly inhabited by crasher types.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Not from what I have heard

Dont mistake newbies that still haven't found their brake pedal with wreckers.

There are still a lot of the former in S2, but very few of the latter.
I don't remember the last time i saw a wrecker in S2.
Quote from The Moose :Dont mistake newbies that still haven't found their brake pedal with wreckers.

There are still a lot of the former in S2, but very few of the latter.
I don't remember the last time i saw a wrecker in S2.

Yeah. Sometimes on rare occasion you get a small incedent but usally ends with them saying "Sorry" and giving you their position if they gained any.
But there are no wrecker teams in demo...

and..well..anyone in the servers I go to say sorry. And those who deliberately crashed are:

REAL PRICKS. I mean, UNNAMED? IS THAT SOME KIND OF TEAM?! Jeez
I put all blame on those who just started the game, they should know better since they never played before

/sarcasm

I am just joking of course . Still, we aren't completely mannerless.

..Happy birthday to me by the way ^_^
#16 - Mykl
Cr!t!cal, I think most people expect people in the Demo servers to be new, and relatively rough and unpolished. I'm still in that category myself. However, on the demo server in question I typically get hit so hard going into T1 that it's painfully obvious that the guy who hit me didn't even let off the throttle. Surely even 100% fresh new drivers know that you're supposed to slow down before trying to make the car turn.
I personaly would like the devs to make demo user banning by I.P. adress. I still go back to the demo servers and visit some old freinds. And foes
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I personaly would like the devs to make demo user banning by I.P. adress. I still go back to the demo servers and visit some old freinds. And foes

It (demo) does ban by IP address. Its the only way demo servers can identify players since there is no registration or login account to identify anyone.

S2 bans by S2 username.
Quote from Mykl :Cr!t!cal, I think most people expect people in the Demo servers to be new, and relatively rough and unpolished. I'm still in that category myself. However, on the demo server in question I typically get hit so hard going into T1 that it's painfully obvious that the guy who hit me didn't even let off the throttle. Surely even 100% fresh new drivers know that you're supposed to slow down before trying to make the car turn.

Yeah, but when you are new, AIs and online players don't seem to make a difference. They don't see consequences.

IMO, they should just be ignored. You can't expect the same quality for a game which is free, demo, and is full of new players.

Sorry guys, I showed my 8 year old friend LFS, he is a huge fan of it, but I am now sure he was banned from wayy too many servers /rofl
Thread title made less obscene.
#21 - joen
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I personaly would like the devs to make demo user banning by I.P. adress.

Like already said, it is done by IP. And that doesn't do much in the case of people with a dynamic IP.
Quote from LFS Drifter :Im really think about Stealing my moms credit card and buying S2.

If you are serious about this, dont do it. Do some little jobs and you will have the money to buy S2 in no time and on a legal way.
Quote from LFS Drifter :Naw, that was just a joke, Just these noobs get so annyoing and i cant stand it. Ah Well, i'll just save up the money and try to get them to get me it. Buying it off internet is bassicaly like ebay right ?

_Much_ better than ebay... the LFS devs can be trusted

But yeah, credit card, money order etc etc can be used to make payment.

Regards,

Ian
-
(Mykl) DELETED by Bob Smith : test
Quote from Markz :I used to be a HARDCORE wrecker when I first tried out LFS... But then I caught onto racing Blackwood GP and rallycross and just stopped wrecking all together. Plus, if I had kept my wrecking up, there'd be no demo servers in existence that would let me stay hehe. Actually, I bet if I tried, I'd suck at attempting to wreck people haha.

As a supposedly reformed wrecker could you give us an insight into the mind of a wrecker? Other than being incredibly childish, whats the reasoning behind it?
i see Macels has become S2 licensed....good decision!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG