The online racing simulator
Cheap good router?
(6 posts, started )
Cheap good router?
Hi,

My friend asked my for some cheap router but I am dont have good overview right now about desktop network hardware.He is looking for one max 30euros.It needs to do port translating(NAPT), have one 10/100 WAN interface and 4x10/100 lan interface.

No needed one with WIFI,print servers etc..Just some basic one to make the configuration easy for him(I will do that 1st time but in case he would need to change something later).

Any ideas someone?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
That one cost around 50euros/68$ here in europe:-(
I don't know any Czech online stores but any basic cable DSL router-switch combo-device like you are asking for, will always have (in my experience) a minimum of 4 ports, and NAT is essential for the device to work. So the cheapest thing possible should do, looking around UK websites I can find them starting from £20, which is €30.29.
i know that all do NAT even the cheapest one.What about the NAPT?
He needs some with port forwarding and I am not sure all do that.
I don't think there are many modern devices that will run NAT and not include the port translation portion of it. I wouldn't want to bet on it without trying, but personally I've never a used a router that didn't offer it (I'm not claiming to have used every brand of router ever, but I've used a fair few).

Cheap good router?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG