The online racing simulator
[REQ] Using NFS3/4 Dashes in LFS
With all the custom dash requests i wondered if it wouldnt be a good idea to use DX8 to draw in a defineable dash file from the Need for speed 3 or 4 games, as these dashes are highly customizeable.

It's not a PERFECT Idea since it would require a lot of programming, but like that people could have the custom interiors and dashes they want, and updated dashes and the like for the GTR's. It also uses a format that's already well known.

only problem is that NFS3 dashes could onyl be used with a fixed view forward. NFS4 are fully 3d

Just an idea, no Flaming needed for mentioning the NFS series
#2 - TiJay
It COULD work but would be very difficult, I imagine. NFS4 dashes would be OK, as much as I love NFS3, the 2D cockpits are very low res.
great idea! +1000
Yeah, i thought this was kind a Kegetys thing, but thought it would be a good thign to bring up

the Nfs3 dashes were really only mentioned because of how simple they are. they would only really be useful in a static forward view
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :but like that people could have the custom interiors and dashes they want, and updated dashes and the like for the GTR's.

I am under the impression that the interior of the car also is included in the center of gravity calculations etc. That's why the devs haven't released the new GTR dashes in a compatible patch. That said having custom cockpits wouldn't work well, since they would change the cars specs.
I guess i need to make an edit to the OP. Was made REALLY late, but anway the point was to insert it into the sim very much the way Ghost Car is. Use D3D8 to render the poly's into the environment in the space that an LFS car's cocpit would normally occupy. Such should probably be done via an Insim/outsim/outguage program to switch the dashes according to what car youre driving. user view tracking should probably be pulled from memory rather than Outsim, due to the higher resolution offered of the cars position.

Just think, you could be driving a porsche when you drive your FZ5

Since it was asking for something in the form of an external program, i figured that this belonged in the Unofficial Addon section. Apparently the Mods think otherwise

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG