The online racing simulator
Nvidia Geforce 7950GT Low FPS
(26 posts, started )
For some reason my FPS only reaches about 100. And with 20 AI, it can drop into the teens on occasion.

The video card is supposed to have MUCH better performance than that but mine does not for some reason.

Any input?
What is your processor and how much RAM do you have? I am guessing that your processor cannot take it as most can't handle 20 AI at decent framerates, no matter what the card.
1 Do you have the latest drivers?
2 Did you replace the textures?
3 Have you tested the graphics card on other games? Did it work better with the other games? (Use Fraps for fps)
4 What are your systems specifications?
5 Did this happen when you started playing LFS or did it happen just now?
Quote from Dennisjr13 :What is your processor and how much RAM do you have? I am guessing that your processor cannot take it as most can't handle 20 AI at decent framerates, no matter what the card.

AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual-core 2.6GHz

2 Gig of RAM

I get only about 100 FPS during online play too.

Quote from ethan520 :1 Do you have the latest drivers?
2 Did you replace the textures?
3 Have you tested the graphics card on other games? Did it work better with the other games? (Use Fraps for fps)
4 What are your systems specifications?
5 Did this happen when you started playing LFS or did it happen just now?

1.Yes
2.No
3.I have used it for other games but don't know the FPS (Battlefield 2)
4.See aboue
5.I think it was better when I got this card (about beginning of February). But I don't really remember completely.
#5 - Davo
If you have AA and AF cranked up 100fps is very good. With my system, AMD X2 @ 2.5ghz and 7900GS I only get 10fps with 20 AI and all on screen.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from red_wing_2121 :AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual-core 2.6GHz

2 Gig of RAM

I get only about 100 FPS during online play too

that sounds fine, i have a mildly OC'ed 7950GT, 8xAA, 16xAF, and an AMD 3700 @ 3 GHz (Which means in a single threaded app it will actually be a little faster than your FX) and i get 21 FPS at T1 with 20 Ai
Quote from red_wing_2121 :AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual-core 2.6GHz

2 Gig of RAM

I get only about 100 FPS during online play too.

1.Yes
2.No
3.I have used it for other games but don't know the FPS (Battlefield 2)
4.See aboue
5.I think it was better when I got this card (about beginning of February). But I don't really remember completely.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :eek: :eek:
Quote from red_wing_2121 :For some reason my FPS only reaches about 100. And with 20 AI, it can drop into the teens on occasion.

The video card is supposed to have MUCH better performance than that but mine does not for some reason.

Any input?

Hi,
did you have your graphic card overclocked? If yes it can throttle if its too much.

LFS cant use dual cores so its only like you would have A64 4000+.What FPS you get if you drive alone in single player on Blackwood.If its around 100-200 FPS that there is nothing wrong with your system.

MY FPS drop to mid/low 20s watching from last AI in the 20cars AI field on BLackwood.

I have A64 3200+@2.4Ghz and 7900GT which run 450/1400 but my FPS doesnt go higher if I overclokc it to 7950GT frequencies 550/1400.

As I said...drive with 1 CAR on BL in the wheel view and report your FPS.If its around 100-200 then there is nothing wrong with your system.
#10 - Jakg
its slightly faster than a 4000 because a 4000 is a 2.4 GHz, although even with my 1337 3 GHz AMD i have trouble with 20 Ai, so your problem is not exactly a problem
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hi,
did you have your graphic card overclocked? If yes it can throttle if its too much.

LFS cant use dual cores so its only like you would have A64 4000+.What FPS you get if you drive alone in single player on Blackwood.If its around 100-200 FPS that there is nothing wrong with your system.

MY FPS drop to mid/low 20s watching from last AI in the 20cars AI field on BLackwood.

I have A64 3200+@2.4Ghz and 7900GT which run 450/1400 but my FPS doesnt go higher if I overclokc it to 7950GT frequencies 550/1400.

As I said...drive with 1 CAR on BL in the wheel view and report your FPS.If its around 100-200 then there is nothing wrong with your system.

Dude, I know what my processor is since I built my machine. Granted it is the first one I have built, I know what is in it. And LFS runs with both cores operating. Fluke maybe? But it does run with both operating.

I will have to check my frames on single player alone as you said, though.
#12 - Davo
No need to be so hostile mate. LFS does not use both cores, it only utilises a single core. What you're probably seeing is some other app using the other core. Programs need to be coded to operate on both cores, lfs is not coded to run on both cores so it is impossible for it to.
Which goes some way to explain why my dual core Laptop is struggling when my old single core laptop could handle things fairly decently . .. . Hmmmmm.
#14 - Jakg
Quote from red_wing_2121 :Dude, I know what my processor is since I built my machine. Granted it is the first one I have built, I know what is in it. And LFS runs with both cores operating. Fluke maybe? But it does run with both operating.

I will have to check my frames on single player alone as you said, though.

LFS is NOT multi-threaded, i assure you.

Anyway, i have the same card and a slightyl more powerful CPU, and i have trouble with the load 20 Ai with 8xAA place on my system - its not a bug, its just your CPU cant cope
i got a 7600gt, and i only get down to about 15 fps with 20 ai, with 8xaa and 16xaf. The rest of my pc is much better though. i would say its a normal thing. How fast is your ram? That could make a difference. Just because you have 2gb of ram dont mean everything will be faster, a faster 1gb of ram in dual channel will out perform a slower 2 gb non-dual channel anyday. Seeing that lfs doesnt use up that much ram, i doubt its the problem. Scawen said it requires a hard-core pc, maybe the devs need to tweak it to get the fps higher when there are more ai.
Quote from Davo :No need to be so hostile mate. LFS does not use both cores, it only utilises a single core. What you're probably seeing is some other app using the other core. Programs need to be coded to operate on both cores, lfs is not coded to run on both cores so it is impossible for it to.

I did not mean to sound hostile. Kinda hard to hear the tone of someone's voice in text.

Quote from Jakg :LFS is NOT multi-threaded, i assure you.

Anyway, i have the same card and a slightyl more powerful CPU, and i have trouble with the load 20 Ai with 8xAA place on my system - its not a bug, its just your CPU cant cope

I know that it is not multi-threaded.

BTW, since I am new to the built for gaming PC, what exactly do AA and AF do?

And maybe I should do some overclocking for little better performance?

The main issue I am worried about (since the low side of the FPS everyone else is getting seems to be about what I am getting anyway) is the high side. Shouldn't I be getting more than 100 FPS with that card and CPU at its peak?

Quote from stevewhite :i got a 7600gt, and i only get down to about 15 fps with 20 ai, with 8xaa and 16xaf. The rest of my pc is much better though. i would say its a normal thing. How fast is your ram? That could make a difference. Just because you have 2gb of ram dont mean everything will be faster, a faster 1gb of ram in dual channel will out perform a slower 2 gb non-dual channel anyday. Seeing that lfs doesnt use up that much ram, i doubt its the problem. Scawen said it requires a hard-core pc, maybe the devs need to tweak it to get the fps higher when there are more ai.

It is 2x1Gig sticks of dual-channel. I forget what the timing actually is, but I think it was something like 2-3-3-5. Not to sure exactly though.
LFS has an fps limit of 100 fps, check your options - misc I think, around there.

Instead of needless over clocking and possibly destroying your machince why don't you just knock down the AA and AF, AA is the bigger one it makes things look more rounded...putting it very basically

EDIT: I think I got the AA and AF the right way round, just google them to find out more.
Hallelujah! 20 AI cars make my 3200+ 2,4 Ghz CPU smoke! On Blackwood lowest FPS: 23, average 35-50, still driveable.

By the way racing in LFS there isn´t much difference between 2xQ AA and 4x AA, but 4x AA needs much more GPU power. Check it out!
hi i wanna see what my fps is with 20 AI how do i put 20 ai in ? i will try harder to find how to but itll be much quicker if one of you could just say
You have to install incompatible patch W10 to have 20 cars in singleplayer. But be sure to backup your orginal LFS.
Man I wouldn't complain. I'm running a GeForce 6600 a 256 AGP card. thats AGP. I get 80 frames in SP and 50 in Multi-Player. The framerate is FINE I don't even see the difference of 50 frames as long as its above 40, if that makes sence lol
The maximum fps on MISC menu is 100fps by the way
I haven't seen anyone yet that could get a constant 60fps with a full grid of AI so I think you're computer is fine.
Yeah, I guess it is fine considering I am getting about 200 FPS in single player with just one car. Thanks for the input anyway

By the way, I checked the affinity of the LFS process in my processes running menu and both cores are on for LFS. The set affinity menu shows both checked when I check it for LFS. Any input?
#25 - Jakg
LFS wont be using both though, LFS will just use one WHOLE core while everything else uses theother one

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG