The online racing simulator
Making a Rally navigator (like pit spotter)
I was thinking of some cool things I could do with my recording hardware (audio) and I could very easily record the voices for a navigator for the Rally tracks in LFS.

Here's the problem, I don't have the skills to code one (yet)
and I don't know what each corner on blackwood (I'm only demo)
would be classified on the scale they use for the angle and distance of the corners.

I think it would be posible to do it like some of the other rally games do it.

Each part is a seperate sound file. (single words like "One", and "Right")
The mod could use insim, mainly the track position data it provides.
There would need to be map definition files for each track that tell the mod what to say at each point before the next turn.

It woulden't be very useful for rally cross, but it would be good to start soon so that if and when we get rally stages (I'll have S2 by that point)
All we'd have to do is wright the scripts for it.

I might not be able to supply the voice if I don't get time, but I'm sure someone is willing to take up the task if the idea is good.
the problem is, the most lfs rally track is too short for that, in a rally game, like richard burns rally or something else you can drive 2 minutes or more(on very different tracks), the longest lfs rally track is about 1:30 minutes with 10 to 15 turns i think(it's the maximum), so the idea wasn't bad, but i think it's unnecessary! sorry, this is my opinion!
Quote from tikshow :the problem is, the most lfs rally track is too short for that, in a rally game, like richard burns rally or something else you can drive 2 minutes or more(on very different tracks), the longest lfs rally track is about 1:30 minutes with 10 to 15 turns i think(it's the maximum), so the idea wasn't bad, but i think it's unnecessary! sorry, this is my opinion!

Its unnecessary now, but I was thinking about when we get full rally stages.

It would be cool to have a co-pilot that tells you whats coming up next.
Quote from DragonCommando :Its unnecessary now, but I was thinking about when we get full rally stages.

It would be cool to have a co-pilot that tells you whats coming up next.

If and/or when the Rally pack is released, if the tracks are long enough, I am sure it will have such navigation built in.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG