The online racing simulator
Read Me
(19 posts, started )
Read Me
Hey everyone,

i have a request and it's going to require a great person to help me

i run a small racing team, there are two of us, and we like to catch up and race about once every two weeks, which we have been doing for about a year now, unfortuently we have the worst luck with servers, it seems very time we join a public server (with no one on it) tons of people suddenly join, which isn't good because or computers can't keep up with it and so we have to leave,

so i am wondering wether someone with a kind heart would mind sharing their private server with us, we are happy to join any teams that we have to (race with any livery advertising your name all we want is a private server to race on) and if you need it we would be happy to leave

i know people have these servers in fact right now there is 120 servers that are private with no one on them so i am appealing to your kind side
please please
But if the server is just for you why are you looking for a dedicated 24/7 server?

Simply one of you will start a multiplayer game, password protected and the other one will join.

Even if you have only 128 kbits upload you can host up to 5 cars with no lag at all.

Or am I missing something?
o yeah no matter what i do i can't serve a game i can't configure my router and modem to work no matter how many ports i open (including defult one) it just doesn't work
ok
er's my setup

the signal (internet) comes in through my modem (Netcomm NB5)
then i have run a network cable to my belkin 54g router and connected the server there

and it says it has started and it appears in lfsworld but i can't join it it says
could not get track infomation
i have also tried doing it via the direct usb connection on the modem

both have the ports required open?
#6 - Davo
The NB5 is router in itself, are you using it as a router or in bridge mode with your belkin router? Having two routers is going to cuase problems. If you're using wireless then you'll also get a lot of lag.
um hang on what's bridge mode
#8 - Davo
hehe geus that's a no then. Well there's not much else you can do. I'd suggest getting your friend to do the hosting instead.
i CAN just connect it straight into the NB5 but it still doesn't work
#10 - Davo
i didn't work
#12 - Davo
Well it should work unless not done right or you have another firewall. Maybe your ISP blocks ports to stop people running servers.
no firewall i have turned off the windows one and the router doesn't have one

maybe it's the isp

has anyone use iprimus and serve lfs?
#15 - Davo
KMSPeed I don;t recommend setting a static IP that way anymore when using a router. It's much better to leave windows DHCP on and set the static ip on the router itself and bind it to the mac address of the network card.

The NB5 does have a firewall, what do you think portforwarding means?
I'm not a network guru either, I just followed the tutorial for my rooter and since this setup works for me for over two years now, I left it this way.

Tbh, my motivation for research and trying new ways of doing things vanishes as soon as I have my job done (ie don't fix it if it is already working).

But surely I don't want to keep doing things wrong just cause they work, so I'll try you way also
Quote from KMSpeed :I'm not a network guru either, I just followed the tutorial for my rooter

Let's keep it PG 13 maybe

i will keep trying to get it to work despite having an offer from someone kindly to let us use their private server

thank you kind person may heaven be a wonderland of friendship for you
i still can't get it to work

no idea what is happening everything is alright at my end it must be my ip cus i tried turning off all security and still nothing even tried running the server on port 80 no dice there
it's not really a nesscity anymore since we found somewhere to race
imho keep trying...
btw, I did what Davo said at post #15 and it worked well.

Read Me
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG