The online racing simulator
Players Ltd (95) FOX
(11 posts, started )
Players Ltd (95) FOX
Ok im addicted to skinning now...
I converted the 1995 Players Ltd Reynard to the FOX chassis.
thoughts?
Attached images
players.jpg
Looks good. I like it, but the fuel cover looks weird. Can't just put my finger on what, but it just looks wrong.
Yeah. Im struggling with it. Looks too much like a sticker slapped on.
At certain angles, it looks ok to me, (when the light and shadows match) but on others, it looks fake and flat.

Guess I'll search around and see what others are doing for their buckeyes.

I found I forgot to add the cosworth to the fuel side as well, so I fixed that.
Attached images
buckeye.jpg
Holy Woahs! That is just awesome! Awesome! Anxious to see it released (with original drivers' versions).

Also, you say converted... It exists on another LFS car or simply like "adapted for the FOX"?
Well I've looked and it appears as if noone else is putting buckeyes on the cars... how do you all put fuel in them during your pitstops? :jester:

I made mine more 'straight on' rathers than 'sunken' so it looks a bit better. Ductwork seems to work ok so far also. But Im still tinkering.

I could probably come up with the #27 verison, as well as a greg moore version later as well. I will probably not put the hardees and Dr. pepper on the tops of the sidepods for this one though (Not much room on the sidepod without curving the stripe), and I have little room left for the Indycar seris logo or tech stickers.

Ive no idea if anyone else ha sdone jacques' cars for lfs before. I meant adapting the original real car design to the simulator FOX chassis. Ive always had a big fondness for these cars, its when i first got into racing, and truth be told I really loved the baby blue paintscheme of this car so I followed Jacques when I spotted him in Atlantics for the first time. Turned out to be a pretty good choice of driver to follow at the time!
As was his father, whom you obviously have a great appreciation for!
Attached images
buckeye2.jpg
Looks alot better now. A really nice skin.

We don't concern ourselves with the techincalities of getting fuel
It just looks better that way
Well, im still tinkering, and revamped the stripes (added hardees and dr. pepper).
Made players larger on engine cover...
new dilemma, players badge on cocpit, runs into the lfs driver name area....
So... do I leave the buckeye, and badge and have players leave their driver name blank?
or do I nix the buckeye and move the players badge in its place to allow room for driver name?

Do alot of people run with their driver names on this chassis? Ive not driven this chassis online yet (My times still suck lol)
Attached images
players2.jpg
Personally, speaking from a skinner perspective, make the drivers use a blank nameplate. Makes for a better skin :P

As for getting fuel; well, in this chassis, I doubt a pitstop for fuel would occur in a race (IRL). It's a small formula car meant for short races where no pitstops take place, so an easy-access fuel inlet is not needed.

You have done a spectacular job replicating this livery. It looks stunning! I remember following Jacques myself, too. And I stayed with the team through the Greg Moore (RIP) and Paul Tracy days
Good old days.

For the nameplate, I say make it as if it's blank. I do that, and seriously, just looks better. I never have anything written in there anyways.

And well... In RL, these cars do pit, lol. But that latest fuel-thing looks nice. The overall skin really, is outstanding. Can't wait!
Well thats good, because the more I thought about it I kept thinking 'screw everyone else cuz I think it'd look better without the nameplate' lol
So thats what I'll do...

I added some more body lines to the sidepods and rear vent and it's almost done... should be sometime over the weekend, but im finding that everytime I think its finished, I find something else I can add or tweak.

oh, and thanks for the compliments guys.
Finished. or as much as it'll get.
I'm putting the final over in finished skins
Thanks for the help and comments.
Attached images
players_95_FOX.jpg

Players Ltd (95) FOX
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG