The online racing simulator
Am I The Only One Who Noticed?
(5 posts, started )
There seems to be less and less servers active (1+ Player). When I only check the "Public" server option, I get like 10-20 servers. Nor there are like 485. Am I the only one to get so many servers innocupied or it's the same for everybody? I also noticed a slighty droft of fps tonight (70 to 38) and I still have the same computer I had yesterday

J. Jacques
its eastern.
many ppl are in holiday now, so the amount of players decreases.
and im sure the are some more reasons why there are less players than normal.

and if ur getting less fps... well... most likely background applications and/or virus/adware.
What time frame are we talking about here? If you look at the server history the highest number of licensed racers online was 764 in the last half year. That number was reached around 40 days ago (when were the new sounds introduced?), and has indeed been dropping since (1 month=674, 1 week=580). However, keep in mind that spring is coming (at least in the northern hemisphere), so there's likely to be a little less activity. Also, the latest patches (V to W) have been out for some time now and a new patch usually leads to more racers. So I'd expect the number of racers to rise considerably with the upcoming multiplayer incomp patch (whenever that might be). And afterwards figures will go down again. However, after each new patch that changes things considerably, the numbers will probably stabilize on a higher level than before the patch (at least that's what I think and hope). Unfortunately, the LFSW statistics don't seem to go further back than half a year, would be interested to see how figures have changed over two or three years.

(and yes, I don't have much to do at work today, so that explains the lengthy post about nothing :tilt
Quote from Riders Motion :There seems to be less and less servers active (1+ Player). When I only check the "Public" server option, I get like 10-20 servers. Nor there are like 485. Am I the only one to get so many servers innocupied or it's the same for everybody? I also noticed a slighty droft of fps tonight (70 to 38) and I still have the same computer I had yesterday

J. Jacques

Maybe you have disabled empty server to show up? Check your 'filter' to see what servers it doesn't show.
First off, it is due to our timezone, Riders Motion. The North American racer base is very lacking. It's pretty much mostly drift servers with 4 or 5 servers with racers if we are lucky. Then there are also the few "city" servers and the Caribbean servers. Other than that, most of the servers you see with 1 connection, but no one seems to be there when you join are probably non-dedicated servers. Those would be people just creating a race server within LFS itself rather than just making a host server. It does drive me crazy seeing these non-dedicated servers in the connection list when "empty" is filtered out on the list.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG