The online racing simulator
Corner names on Tracks
(7 posts, started )
Corner names on Tracks
I would like to see corner names being added to the tracks for a couple of reasons

1) Much easier when discussing tracks or doing track guides to identify the turns - Is the chicane at Blackwood T2? Or is it T2, T3 and T4 as it has 3 apexes?

2) It would add a bit more colour and immersion. Perhaps corners could be named after current World Record holders etc?
#2 - Vain
Watch STCC.
(Most names are easily remembered because they are derived from the track. The SO-corner names e.g. are derived from the street names that are on the signs on the So tracks.)

Vain
It's been discussed before and the general consensus is that it is up to the community to derive and use the names for the corners. STCC is really starting that; but I Don't think enough people are watching the broadcasts to know (and I have a bad memory for the names anyways). Also, the names, afaik, were more or less arbitrarily picked. They don't have an actual meaning behind them like many real corner names (Moss corners at Mosport for example).

Once people start using the names for corners and everyone gets used to what they are they will become common usage.
I personally don't like the STCC corner names - they just feel a little, artificial for the tracks and totally random (The Dome, anyone?).

I don't have any issue with the STCC - they are good ambassadors for LFS - but their corner names aren't great.
Maybe some official corner names should be implimented. Maybe we could have a suggestions thing and then a vote at the end of it all to see what we think fits best.

Maybe start off with blackwood and see how that goes!
Quote from xpjames :Maybe some official corner names should be implimented. Maybe we could have a suggestions thing and then a vote at the end of it all to see what we think fits best.

Read this thread. And there have been many more attempts before that.

If there is one thing the LFS community can't agree on, it's corner names.
+1
good suggestion!

Corner names on Tracks
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG