The online racing simulator
Can't find masterserver
(8 posts, started )
Can't find masterserver
I wasn't playing a while, my current version is s2 alpha u0.5. I got a build-it motherboard firewall, opened both 63392 and 29339 ports for incoming/outcoming traffic, disabled software firewall and still game says "can't find master server" but i see outgoing traffic when i press "show all servers". There is a small chance my intenet provider got firewall too, but i'm not sure about that, is there anything i'm doing wrong? is there any way to check is that firewall/router/isp problem or that's something else? like ping master server or a extra program that checks what's wrong?
You need to update to patch W (or patch V), the master server IP has changed and previous versions no longer find it.
I haven't played LFS for a while, last version I had on was U. I am now running Windows Vista Ultimate, and have updated LFS to version W.
Now I cannot unlock the game, nor can I see any games online. All I see when I try to establish a connection in the game is -

ConnectToMaster : Error opening socket.

GRRR ... NEVER had a problem with LFS in 3 years .... Vista I am guessing ??

PanterA
#4 - Davo
Probably a vista security setting. Make sure lfs has all permissions and isn't blocked in the firewall.
Cheers for the hint =] ... was poxy Vista .... Back to XP soon for me. All I did was changed the permissions of lfs.exe ie. gave Everyone "Full Control" in security settings. Right clicking on lfs.exe and choosing Run As Administrator also did the trick.
I have XP and even if I disable all the firewalls i cannot connect to the server. Never happened before. I am loosing my mind
Quote from PanterACFH :Cheers for the hint =] ... was poxy Vista .... Back to XP soon for me. All I did was changed the permissions of lfs.exe ie. gave Everyone "Full Control" in security settings. Right clicking on lfs.exe and choosing Run As Administrator also did the trick.

Tried this and also disabling firewall but I still get that "error opening socket" message. Anyone unlock this OK in Vista 32? (Just downloaded the full W version)

EDIT: It's OK, server must have been down or something. Worked fine today and unlocked first go.
#8 - Woz
Quote from Bandini :Tried this and also disabling firewall but I still get that "error opening socket" message. Anyone unlock this OK in Vista 32? (Just downloaded the full W version)

Work was done by the devs to make LFS unlock on Vista so must "are you sure?" be a Vista setting "are you sure?" that you have setup.

Vista is the new Windows ME

Can't find masterserver
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG