The online racing simulator
unlock LFS S1
(16 posts, started )
unlock LFS S1
can someone please help me unlocking my old LFS S1... (just for nostalgic purposes )

I know that the master server had changed, but I don't know what address I should change in LFS S1 and where to put it.

I searched the forum and some random cfg files in the lfs folder but didn't find anything...

cheers!
Masterserver address is hardcoded in LFS S1 code, so you cannot regularly unlock it...
Thanks for the Info. I thought only the online-game thing was hardcoded, not the unlocking mechanism. Didn't know that. In the meantime I have found 'another' way to unlock it...

case closed thx
and that other way is?
im sure a lot ppl would like to know.
You may guess... we don't want to give a clues to demo racers, do we?
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :and that other way is?
im sure a lot ppl would like to know.

it's a small piece of software that some very very bad guy 'made for LFS's anniversary' some years ago... I can't say no more...

:google: (is there a friendly version of that google-smilie?) because I mean it like:
Quote from rediske :it's a small piece of software that some very very bad guy 'made for LFS's anniversary' some years ago... I can't say no more...

There is also a method where you can unlock S1 legitmately using the master server (it appears it still answers unlock requests). I'm currently waiting on a response from the mods / dev-team as to whether I can "release" it. Unfortunately it is modified so unmodified clients can't join.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Unfortunately it is modified so unmodified clients can't join.

I suspect the majority of people don't have S1 unlocked anyway so there's probably not many people who could join (without a modified client).
cool sounds good.
hopefully it will be approved
Quote from the_angry_angel :There is also a method where you can unlock S1 legitmately using the master server (it appears it still answers unlock requests). I'm currently waiting on a response from the mods / dev-team as to whether I can "release" it. Unfortunately it is modified so unmodified clients can't join.

this sounds just great!
Quote from Bob Smith :I suspect the majority of people don't have S1 unlocked anyway so there's probably not many people who could join (without a modified client).

Out of the possible racers who would drive the old S1 0.3, majority have the game already unlocked!!
it's S1 0.3H6 here btw...

is it the latest?
Well my install managed to lock itself...

And yes, 0.3H6 was the last from the 0.3x line.
pliz dont my unlock s1
wut
-
(Adulino) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump
-
(Flamingo1-) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump
-
(CHNLFS) DELETED by Flame CZE : useless bump

unlock LFS S1
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG