The online racing simulator
Cars not loading
(27 posts, started )
Cars not loading
I have this programme on my computer called "Data Execution Prevention"... I think this is what is stopping my computer from loading any car...It is stuck on XRT and when i try to click "Pits" then "Cars" , just when i click a car, it says LFS has stopped working. Please tell me either how to turn off this stupid "Data Execution Prevention", or either another way. I have Windows Vista...maybe that is the reason, as it works perfectly on my Windows XP computer

P.S Sorry about getting over Excited on the emotions...

Please Someone Help!
Please can you just help...ive turned Data execution prevention off now...stilll not working though.
Reinstall LFS. Also, make sure the track is fully loaded before changing car.
Quote from Leifde :Reinstall LFS. Also, make sure the track is fully loaded before changing car.

I will try that and thank you for being the first one to not talk about bloody LINUX!!!!!!!!
Still not working....
LFS with Windows Vista
I have windows Vista...and my cars arent loading on lfs...its jammed on the XRT. I was wondering if there was a way to use it with vista, because Live for Speed works fine on my Dads XP computer.... Someone please help help me please!
Works perfect here and I'm using Vista Ultimate! Try a fresh install of LFS and see what happens
I have done that...and my friend tried his S2 an unlocked version and its not loading any cars or tracks its stuck on XRT in Black wood
#9 - arco
Haven't heard of anyone having that problem. Make sure you're using the latest version W.
harjun - one thread is enough; threads merged.
#11 - Gunn
I have removed the spam and off-topic discussion from this thread.
Please can you help...im even using W and everything...
I don't have Windows Vista, but from a little googling here is how you can disable the Data Execution Prevention service in Vista. http://www.realtime-vista.com/ ... _data_execution_preve.htm

Quote :1.From the Start menu, select "All Programs", then "Accessories" and right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator"
2. Wait for the command prompt window to open and type (or simply paste and then press enter) the following line.
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Hope it helps

For a little more info see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Execution_Prevention
the only thing I can think of is there is a problem with your LFS Patch W installation. try redownloading LFS again. the complete installation.
or (some people are gonna kill me for saying this) he's using a crack
Actually im not using a crack...
It just doesn't work ive turned DEP off...reinstalled everything...doesnt work
I guess this is going to stop me from buying s2...as i cant load the cars
maybe you're on a server which only allows xrt's?

and btw, DEP is for something totally different. It prevents buffer overflows and stuff like that. So yeah, if you run a crack, turn off DEP
lol...thank you ill try that JOKING!
I dont use a crack....
And trust even on single player or hot lapping it doesnt work...
i belive you. and please stop using a million smilies. (how about a limit on how many smilies on the fourm)
I would says put that in the improvement section...you might actually get it lol
#20 - Gunn
Have you downloaded LFS S2W once more and tried a fresh install yet?
Quote from Gunn :Have you downloaded LFS S2W once more and tried a fresh install yet?

Yes sir...ive done that, and also i am buying s2 in two days, are you in s2...i hope it loads the s2 cars or i would be upset

Also if it doesnt load and i buy my liscense with credit/debit card can i get refund?
#22 - Gunn
What is really important to understand is, many thousands of people, well most everyone playing LFS, can load the cars. So it is very likely that you have a software or hardware problem occurring. LFS itself is very solid.

On the rare possibility that there is a LFS bug of some sort causing this issue then we can only resolve it by testing and sharing information.

How big was the file you downloaded (LFS S2 W, not the W patch, but the full W version) please?

Did you install it into a new folder?

Do you have spare room on your hard drive for the Windows swap file?

Are your graphics and sound drivers good? Try new ones or roll back to an older one to test LFS.

What are the specs of your PC?

What other programs are running at the same time as LFS?

Is your PC clean (no malicious software)?

What resolution and refresh rate are you attempting to use (in LFS)?
does it load other tracks, like car park or maybe Kyoto ring if it loads kyoto ring your using a crack?
By that DEP you mean that security system integrated in WinXP SP2 and Vista? It seemes that your CPU supports it by hardware, so you might try disabling No-Execute/StopBit Execute option in BIOS. TBH I've never heard about such a wierd problem.
If this doesn't help, try to set WinXP compatibility mode for LFS executable.(rightclick on it>Properties>Compatibility>tick the clickbox on the top and select WinXP from the menu below)

EDIT: Are you 105% sute that the disk partition where your LFS is installed isn't write-protected/corrupted/messed up in some other way?
SORRY!!!!!!!! IT WORKS NOW I HAVE S2...s2 is the bloody best bloody game in the whoile bloody world

Cars not loading
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG