The online racing simulator
How to make skins?
(19 posts, started )
How to make skins?
Hi

I wanna make some car skins - but how?
I have Photoshop.

Is there any guide, or can someone make a little one?

Thanks

/Gosser
gosser, here is the best place to get your default skins to use....

http://www.lfs-gear.com/kitz.html

really great place as it shows the mesh and curveture for each side

send me a pm and I can send you the psd from the skin I made yesterday...... if you like....
Quote from Gosser :Is there any guide, or can someone make a little one?

be creative and use your imagination
Not trying to take over topic but i figured i'd save topic space so...

I have Photoshop 6.0 also and I tried making a skin and I got done with it ..ect. but when I use this skin viewer it says "Cannot load skin (so and so)"

What did I do wrong???
Make sure it is the right size, and make sure you have the proper 3 letter prefix followed by and underscore ( " _ " ). I believe not having the underscore can keep a skin from being loaded.
Quote from MAGGOT :Make sure it is the right size, and make sure you have the proper 3 letter prefix followed by and underscore ( " _ " ). I believe not having the underscore can keep a skin from being loaded.

Yeah I have it named XFG_Private.

Size matters?? Hmm guess 512x512 wont work..
#9 - Rish
512 will work, but your skin will look poo. Do em at 2048!
Well if you have the preset, the underscore and the proper sizing then I'm not sure what could cause it to refrain from loading. It IS a .jpg right?

And, yes, I recommend skinning at 2048, if your comp can handle it :P
Quote from MAGGOT :Well if you have the preset, the underscore and the proper sizing then I'm not sure what could cause it to refrain from loading. It IS a .jpg right?

And, yes, I recommend skinning at 2048, if your comp can handle it :P

Just put it to 1024 and it works fine.

Anything higher and I cannot upload to LFSW.net
I skin at 2048 and put those skins into my game and upload to my webspace for public releases. I save 1024 versions to upload to LFSW.
my skin shows up in garage and i have uploaded it to lfsw but i does not show up in-game. what is the problem?
#14 - Jakg
are you sure they all use the same name?
yes...
What do you mean by it shows up in your garage but not in game?
hi people i don't know if you people know about this little but yet good program to make pictures and it have turned to be quite good and easy for me to make a skin, im a demo racer and you guys are wondering why im i doing skins, that's easy I'm getting S1 soon and want to get my skin ready, another thing i still don't have the money for the S1 license so if anyone can upload it when i finish it i will put one ad on the car if you want to, something like your website or even your name. and this is not an emergency so please don't come with the why demo racers want to use paying costumers slots, it will be uploaded if someone offers. by the way to program site is www.gimp.org and its free. need tips on making skins with gimp pm me. take care peoples. I'm out.

P.S. i know this is a old topic i just don't want to make a new thread for this
show the skin ans maybe some one uploads it...
Quote from JazzOn :show the skin ans maybe some one uploads it...

thanks but like i said as soon as i finish it, it inst finished yet, but hopefully when i finish it, i will have s1.

How to make skins?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG