The online racing simulator
Has anyone bought GT Legends yet?
(16 posts, started )
I've played the demo but I don't know if slow cars and one track does any justice for me.

Please post your thoughts and how it compares to GTR/LFS S2

Thanks
#2 - steve
It rules
The demo made the game seem like standard fare for an ISI-based racer. That may be because I was running in the default simulation mode, though. I seem to recall hearing the game left a lot of helps on even in that mode and you had to edit the config file to turn them off.
I cant compare GTL with LFS. Lfs is still a better game overall, with a better Multiplayer.
But GTL is a very good racing game. Not as fancy as LFS imo..but still a good game.
I love the cars in GTL..not the tracks. The tracks are the usual ones from other games, Spa, Monza, Nurburgring and so on.
I really think the GTL demo was crap. But i found some money and said to my self..why not spend them on GTL and i did. Im satiesfied...but still, LFS rulez...
i was very dissapointed with this game, it still has some bugs like in the demo, the cars are great, the tracks are the same in gtr with a bit more detail and some new short track configs.
the ffb is identical to gtr, and as in gtr my ms ff is always trying to turn to the left before starting the race. its not a bad game it feels to me like a mod to gtr and not a new game at all.
what i hated the most was the toca race driver style single player career, that is just too bad imo.
has the Nurburgring nordshlieffe (<-me cant spell) come out yet?
#7 - OPK
Quote from Barroso :and as in gtr my ms ff is always trying to turn to the left before starting the race

My Momo Force does that in the demo too
But I ordered the game. I didn´t buy GTR but this one seems interesting...I´ll buy GTR for a budget price though.

GTL has great cars, the sound is very nice.
I hope I´ll be satisfied when I get it this weekend ^^

And no, the Nordschleife isn´t available for GTL.
I think it's fun. It might has canned physics, but it has good canned physics.
And I did not expect the career mode to be fun, but it is.

Can't wait for a proper made Nordschleife, cause this is the only thing that really needs to be in that game.
It's a great single player game.
It's really fun to fight against the AI for the bonus cars.

I like the way you can control a muscle car with the gas pedal through the corner. I would like to have this control in LFS.

On the downside it has great performance problems (even on really fast machines) and the usual Simbin bugs that makes you wonder if they have any betatesters at all.
I got enmeshed in the GTR scramble, even bought the German copy and messed with all those translation add-ons. Got fed up with the online aspect and having to leave the game to change cars. Scurried back to LFS. Damn me if I didn't do the same with rFactor! No translations of course but still the same online nonsense. Scurried back to LFS. There ain't no way they're having any more of MY money for GTL! I tried the demo, whoops! Same damn game, different dashboards.

LFS is, for my money, the only online racing sim. Just a few little tweaks and it's there.
Quote from inCogNito :It's a great single player game.
It's really fun to fight against the AI for the bonus cars.

I like the way you can control a muscle car with the gas pedal through the corner. I would like to have this control in LFS.

On the downside it has great performance problems (even on really fast machines) and the usual Simbin bugs that makes you wonder if they have any betatesters at all.

I sign that. It describes my feelings towards GTL perfectly.
It's a brilliant single player game that includes many of the touring cars that I remember from when I was growing up.

Any sim/game that gives me the oppertunity to drive 25 different classic touring cars is a gimme to me.

LFS still rules my world of competitive online racing though, and I doubt any game/sim will dislodge that for a LONG time.

Dan.
on the 'Features' page of the games website it says it has a track called 'Mondello Park' is this true!??
Thats the only car racing track on the Rep. of Ireland
Yes, it's true. There are 3 versions, short, national and GP.

There are various version of most tracks (except Spa, Imola and Zolder)
#15 - J.B.
Quote from inCogNito :Yes, it's true. There are 3 versions, short, national and GP.

There are various version of most tracks (except Spa, Imola and Zolder)

Hockenheim club? Actually I'm not sure if that still exists in real life.
Too bad that they have implemented only those tracs which are officially on the FIA-GTC Historic calendar. Otherwise we could have Nordschleife. :]

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG