The online racing simulator
The (unofficial) LFS S2 manual cover design competition
The unofficial LFS S2 manual has been well received and I'm planning to make a printed version available at the time of the full S2 release. Now what's still missing is a decent cover image, so why not make a design competition

Now all you artists can have a go and design the best looking cover for the unofficial LFS S2 manual. After the submitting phase, there will be a public voting, then finally the best cover will be used for the book.

What can you win? Not much, but you will of course get all the credits for the cover design and receive a free book for sure!

Some guidelines for your work:
- 300 DPI
- PSD, PSP, TIF or EPS format (should be lossless for quality reasons)
- CMYK colors if possible (else I can convert it)
- 35,72 cm x 23 cm (see coversize.jpg)

The front should show a nice cover image with the Live for Speed S2 logo at the top. On the back there should be a keychart, similar to the keys.pdf in your /docs directory. Don't forget to leave some space on the lower left for the ISBN number.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask. I'm looking forward to see your designs!
Just curious, why 305dpi rather than 300dpi?

Anyway, good idea, I might have a crack if I find the time.
According to the guidelines of www.bod.de, where I want to publish the book, the resolution needs to be 305dpi. I'll ask them why they use such an unusual resolution.
I've received a reply now. They want to express that the resolution needs to be 300 DPI or higher. So the resolution should be 300 DPI and not 305 DPI.

IM IN

Question do u have a due date GP4Flo?
Ok, i will give it a go too..
Just give us the date, when it has to be finished..

And when shall we post the finished designs? I think it's best to have some date, when everyone has finished, then everyone post their finised work, and then you can no longer change, or send new designs, so you can't steal someone else's idea..
when is the closing date? if after januari I'm in (bacause of sinterklaas, xmas, newyears eve)
I'd like to release the S2 manual after the x-mas holidays. So let's say you have time until x-mas so we can make a public voting for about a week, ok? If you need more time, just tell me so we can set the due date to the end of 2005.
Is there a kind of Fansite Kit available? An archive containing Hi-Res-, or even better, vector-based logos and stuff?
Here are some logos I found on my HD.
Attached files
logopack.rar - 1.8 MB - 196 views
How is the progress? It would be nice to have some designs up for voting in the next weeks

P.s. You can already send me your work. I won't post it here until the deadline, so no-one can steal your ideas
would like to participate, didint see this thread b4 (shame on me) can u w8 till new year??? ill pm u a link or somethin if i dont forget...
Unfortunately I only received one cover so far. As there is no sight of a new LFS version yet, I think it's ok to extend the competition until the end of january.
So, no one else interested to create a cover for the manual?
#16 - axus
I'd love to, but the free time issue is a problem at the moment. Good luck though!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG