The online racing simulator
Race options
(11 posts, started )
Race options
Hi on options where you have controls and you choose your return rate and so on, think its called configation(spelling) or something like that.

i need one that is good for racing that might get me into the 25 second mark at the moment im at 26.29 the one i am using now is mostly set for drifting.

maybe someone could send me a screenshot of theirs, preferably of someone who is able to get 24/25 seconds around blackwood.

cheers
I'm assuming you are referring to the keyboard settings. My advise is, try the mouse. You will be worse initially, but give it a week and you'll wonder how you ever survived on keyboard. I switched years ago (back when my desk was too small to fit a wheel on it) and I've never looked back.
Not an option im afraid , im about to buy an adapter so i can use my xbox360 controller on lfs.
You don't have a mouse? I'd rate the mouse over a thumb operated analogue controller, more precision.
Ive tried the mouse and just simply do not like the feel of it, LFS is the first racing game i have played on the PC and all the others ive played on consoles so a controller seems the better option for me.
... there are some USB converters on eBay which got a low price but work very well... I've got a PS2 to PC converter, because i cannot play everything with the wheel (like ProEvolution Soccer)... only some EA Games don't want to work with it.
I think it would really be the better option for you.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : Ive tried the mouse and just simply do not like the feel of it, LFS is the first racing game i have played on the PC and all the others ive played on consoles so a controller seems the better option for me.

Trust me on this one, mouse over keys ANY day, it may have been enitially wierd but trust me the mouse is MUCH better than keys, unless your names Subon and happen to have some sorta alien abilities. but for us normal people mouse FTW
i got that ps2 converter and im using an ond ps1 wheel
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Not an option im afraid , im about to buy an adapter so i can use my xbox360 controller on lfs.

why using an adapter? I lent me a XBox360 half a year ago... you could use the controller (with wire) after installing the drivers, wich were on a disc... I've done it just for fun and could drive LFS with it. If there is no disc search on the site of microsoft. But I can't tell you about the wireless controlers.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : Ive tried the mouse and just simply do not like the feel of it, LFS is the first racing game i have played on the PC and all the others ive played on consoles so a controller seems the better option for me.

A gamepad is - in my opinion - the worst choice for for LFS. I can hardly drive with the keyboard, it's so-so with the mouse, but the PS2-pad is horrible for LFS. The G25 wheel however, is great
Quote from TFalke55 :why using an adapter? I lent me a XBox360 half a year ago... you could use the controller (with wire) after installing the drivers, wich were on a disc... I've done it just for fun and could drive LFS with it. If there is no disc search on the site of microsoft. But I can't tell you about the wireless controlers.

My Xbox is wireless so im buying a wireless adapter (they're only £15)

Race options
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG