The online racing simulator
Two Cars I want
(59 posts, started )
Quote from XCNuse :dukey (gonna call you that from now on lol), thats different though, LMPs are made to be open like that, cars like this.. are not

But if someone made enough Raceabouts to get them homogolated, they could race them open roofed in FIA GT.

Quote from GT2 Rulebook :A GT2 car is a car designed for sport with 2 doors, 2 or 2+2 seats, open or closed, which can be used perfectly legally on the open road and is available for sale through the dealer network of a manufacturer recognised by the FIA.

http://www.fia.com/resources/d ... 2621016__AppJ_Art_257.pdf

Quote from GT1 Rulebook :An open or closed automobile which has no more than one door on each side and a minimum of two seats situated one on each side of the longitudinal centre line of the car; these two seats must be crossed by the same transversal plane. This car must be able to be used perfectly legally on the open road, and adapted for racing on circuits or closed courses.

http://www.fia.com/resources/d ... 7274682__AppJ_Art_258.pdf
Did you miss this:

Quote from Linsen :Guess it's time to post this again then: Best RAC GTR ever made.

??

It says it right there... "best... EVER"

Anyway. I'm still lobbying for the RWD variant of the UFR XFR class.

As far as cars w/fenders we've got. (approx #)
Slow street cars. (3)
Quick street cars.(4)
Fast street cars. (3)
Supercars. (0*)
FWD Touring Cars (2)
RWD/AWD Touring/Clubsport/WRC Cars (0)
GT Race Cars (3)
LMP/DP/IMSA Race Cars (0)

*Porsche GT3 specs just don't quite 'feel' GT3 fast. Caterham R400 equivilent supercar quick, but not conventional supercar.

Aside from needing historic as well, you can see that there are some gaps. What the dev's end up doing is there own agenda, and thats fine. I'm sure an additional GTR car would be hugely popular, but as LFS wants to be a 'complete' sim, it could benefit from more diversity.

On the flip side, the perceived level of work required to 'convert' the rac to a GTR type car would make it seem like an obvious choice. Think of it sort of the Lotus Exige in British GT3.

IRL, you can see the HUGE popularity of the several Caterham spec series as well as the equivalent Locost series. It is "mind-bottling" (thank you, 'blades-of-glory") to think of why the dev's haven't put a cage on the LX, slap on slicks and watch the servers go nuts. As I said above, LFS aims to be a 'complete' sim, having another type of racing LX with slicks would give more to the game than the addition of a 4th GTR.

Don't get me wrong at all, I love and appreciate everything the dev's do. That said, it really does puzzle me that the dev's haven't come out with both these cars really. They 'seem' like such a natural and easy addition to make. Granted the level of quality with additions of late have increased really dramatically, with the BF1 being the prime example. I imagine one reason is that they don't want to half-a$$ it.

Whatever happens, the next time LFS adds Any vehicle(s) I plan on having a 'sick' day or two.
Quote from Shotglass :no what we actually need is an rb4 wrc

agreed. and a long rally track to drive it on.
Quote from Shotglass :no what we actually need is an rb4 wrc

Quote from evilgeek :agreed. and a long rally track to drive it on.

Well, as i said in another thread, it is possible. Just as long we use google earth to find a sutable rally stage, edit it alot, and import. I hope Eric does this...
The one I am really waiting on is the RWD/AWD touring car. I loke the speed and feel of at class but really perfer a RWD over FWD. The caged and slick tire version of an LX would also be a very welcome and I am sure popular car. The RAC getting built in to a small GTR would also add some more varity to the class, small nimble but a little low on power.
Quote from Gimpster :The one I am really waiting on is the RWD/AWD touring car. I loke the speed and feel of at class but really perfer a RWD over FWD. The caged and slick tire version of an LX would also be a very welcome and I am sure popular car. The RAC getting built in to a small GTR would also add some more varity to the class, small nimble but a little low on power.

Everyday, you and me both.

I wonder if this is still a ways off, or totally going to be an S3 thing. It's frustrating imagining how good a
300hp RB4 WRC
200hp LX Racecar
RWD/AWD Touring (UFR) class car
Light nimble GTR RAC
would be, especially when you think it wouldn't take That much to get them built and incorperated now.

It's just that there's so much "behind-the-scenes" stuff the devs are working on, that sometimes we get anxious.
Quote from Gimpster :The RAC getting built in to a small GTR would also add some more varity to the class, small nimble but a little low on power.

The RAC would actually have to be de-tuned, it's 5HP more powerful than the XFR.

I'd like to see the RAR be in competition with the LXR and FZR myself, making that class LRFR and the FXR, XRR and RBR class the TBOR class.

On the rally cars, I'd like an RBX and an FXX like WRC cars, with an XFX and UFX (given the rallying history of the mini) like Super 1600's.
#33 - JTbo
Well we can make suggestions and wish for something but we can't ever suggest when, wishing to get something in next patch is most likely being ignored as they have path that they follow.

So you can suggest something and it is probably noted, maybe if it is really good it can be scheduled for some point so we can say it will be in S3 final at least, but of course it can be earlier, however whatever we suggest it is not going to be suggestion for next patch or S2 or whatever, only thing it can be is just a suggestion for product.

Something like that it is I believe, so when I see guys posting -1 and saying that suggestion is good for S3 but still lot to do before, I'm getting confused

And no, not even single one of those cars with wings is something I like, I would like to see something without wings before any more wing cars.
Quote from JTbo :
And no, not even single one of those cars with wings is something I like, I would like to see something without wings before any more wing cars.

I don't follow your whole post, but I'l comment on this.

The LX race car shouldn't have any wings. Only the latest racer from caterham trys to create some downforce from the front fenders.

The touring cars we hope to have would have no wings either, to match the UFR XFR cars we have.

The rally car would have some, but fairly minimal downforce, as do the current WRCs.

The GTR would have downforce. That class is popular online, and would become moreso with an additional car. Be real good on tight courses i imagine.

This is all presumably of course, and only wishes.
What about a FZ5 Cup Car, something like the Porsche Cup cars?
nice cars man i would love to see them.

a question:
how did u made that?
did u create new cars ?
how did u got them in there ?
etc.
Quote from rockclan :nice cars man i would love to see them.

a question:
how did u made that?
did u create new cars ?
etc.

It's a 3D render and/or photoshop - NOTHING IN LFS, just a mockup
#38 - JTbo
Quote from rockclan :nice cars man i would love to see them.

a question:
how did u made that?
did u create new cars ?
etc.

Photoshop
The two cars I'd like to see is: 1. V8 LX or V8 Touring car 2. "Aussie Racing Car" http://www.aussieracingcars.com.au/

I can just imagine the fun of a field of 20 Aussie Racing Cars around AS Club
Quote from Dalek0220 :Well, as i said in another thread, it is possible. Just as long we use google earth to find a sutable rally stage, edit it alot, and import. I hope Eric does this...

You have no idea how long that takes. I bet the devs have at least 15 different tracks on their computers!
Why does everyone put a roof on the RAR? Some R/L GT cars have no roof and it looks a lot better without a roof. But a pair of roll hoops would be needed.
#43 - JJ72
Quote from duke_toaster :Why does everyone put a roof on the RAR? Some R/L GT cars have no roof and it looks a lot better without a roof. But a pair of roll hoops would be needed.

you MUST HAVE a roof for GT.
Quote from JJ72 :you MUST HAVE a roof for GT.

WRONG!

Quote from Page one of the FIA GT1 technical regulations :
ARTICLE 1 : DEFINITIONS
1.1 Grand Touring Car (GT1)
An open or closed automobile which has no more than one door on each side and a minimum of two seats situated one on each side of the longitudinal centre line of the car; these two seats must be crossed by the same transversal plane. This car must be able to be used perfectly legally on the open road, and adapted for racing on circuits or closed courses.

The Spyker is open.

No need for RB4 WRC, just attach rally tyres on FXR, some specific rally tuning and then remove it from the GTR class... because: can anyone show me a modern 4WD GT car with 500 hp racing on some professional series? Indeed...

Only 4WD I know is some DTM Audi in the 1990s, was only successful on wet races. FXR doesn't really look like it's from 1990s.

FXR rally version would be okay to have 500 hp, because we don't have a rally stage, it can be just a bit more powerful rallycross car...
Didnt read everything, but i think if they make a race version of the RB4, they should make it a rally car. They should also include (street and race version), of a 4 door AWD car that can compete with the RB4? Mabey it can be faster on the straights, but doesnt take turns as well as the RB4.

That would be teh poopzor!
Quote from deggis :No need for RB4 WRC, just attach rally tyres on FXR, some specific rally tuning and then remove it from the GTR class... because: can anyone show me a modern 4WD GT car with 500 hp racing on some professional series? Indeed...

The Skylines and Scoobies in JGTC or whatever it's called this week? The ex-DTM cars in Britcar?
+1 for all initiatives for new cars. RBR and RAR are great ideas.
Please Scavier, please

Also we need some fictious mid-engine cars similar to the McLaren F1 GTR or the Mercedes CLK GTR. That and the LX8 and... some Prototype Cars and I would be completely statisfied
Quote from duke_toaster :The Skylines and Scoobies in JGTC or whatever it's called this week?

today it's called Super GT but aren't or weren't those running (s)lower GT300 class? I don't suppose those have around 500 hp like FXR does... Actually I don't even know what horse power limitations GT300 class has (at least GT500 is pretty close to FIA GT1) the official website doesn't even seem to have any info about the current teams or drivers and I couldn't google it...

Quote :The ex-DTM cars in Britcar?

Specifically what cars? Were there also other 4WD cars in DTM than Audi?

Two Cars I want
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG