The online racing simulator
Microsoft Sidewinder
(6 posts, started )
Microsoft Sidewinder
Hi,

The game recognizes my MS Sidewinder joystick/flightstick....but, it won't let me use the throttle for my accelerator. Is there a way to get this to work? If not, you should program this in. Not everyone uses a stearing system....and I have notices that several users have the MS sidewinder as well.

Thanks,
Scott
I used to play LFS with a sidewinder joystick!
You can't do that!
But you can use the mouse for the direction and the joystick for the acceleration and the break. You push it you accelerate, you pull it you break. I works pretty well and it is very accurate! The only drawback is that you can't break and accelerate at the same time! Or at least not with an analogical break!
you must be doing something wrong there ... works fine with my ms sw 3d pro

go to options => controls
at the top select "wheel/js"
at about the centre of the screen theres a row of buttons ... click the rightmost which is "axes/ff"
then click on "thr / brk combined" after clicking it move the axis youd like to asign that function to and on the right side under "available axes" click on the one that has the bar moving along with your input on the joystick
Thanks Shotglass...that got me closer....I got the throttle to work....but, now I can't seem to keep the brake as a button. It won't let me have that combo.

Any suggestions?

How is your setup configured?

Thanks,
Scott
PPjoy
Quote from WarBeer :Thanks Shotglass...that got me closer....I got the throttle to work....but, now I can't seem to keep the brake as a button. It won't let me have that combo.

Any suggestions?

How is your setup configured?

Thanks,
Scott

spilling brake and throttle between an axis and a button is not supported
what you could do though is using split axis for throttle and brake and use the sticks up/down axis calibrated at half range for braking

Microsoft Sidewinder
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG