The online racing simulator
Server content filter
(11 posts, started )
#1 - herki
Server content filter
Didn't find this with a quick search:
I'd like to see a variable/flag the server sets for which type of host it is running. For example Race/Drift/Other (i.e. cruise...), so people can filter the list by it. Personally I really would like to get rid of the drift/cruise/CnR/... servers on the server list, because I wouldn't join them anyway
+1
Good suggestion but what mean CnR?
#3 - herki
Cops aNd Robbers
+1 I would use that
#5 - joen
Yes please.
+1
Would be hugely useful to have this, add banger racing as a type also - because it can be hard to find them when you fancy a bash
+1

Along with this, we also need to have many other features for the server browser in the game. Take for example the ability to search by a name/word string... because when you are trying to find a specific empty server, it takes a while to load the whole list (500 or so), and then you have to find it. The filters and features of the server list are limited, and with all these different kinds of servers coming about, we really need something that makes it easier to find a server that fits our needs.

Should be able to filter the following:
  • By type (drift, drag, race, autox, mod (cruise/cnr)) (the only problem I see with this is people having to choose the filters, and if they decide to go from a drift and then go racing on the same server, how will they switch it?)
  • By track (not sort, but filter only one track environment)
  • By name (be able to type in all or part of the server name (good for specific groups with multiple servers by typing in words such as "dSRC", "STCC", "LOTA", "banger", etc)
  • By favorites (servers added to your favorites are just done by saving its name to a file (maybe add a little * next to each server in the list so you can click them and highlight/save them?))
Can't think of any other practical ones... these at least would come in real handy when I'm looking to find a specific server. Better to narrow down the results and only see servers you want to see
+1

The default setting should be race and autocross ON, everything else OFF.
#9 - Renku
+1

Server content filter
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG