The online racing simulator
Final Test - Patch W
(120 posts, started )
#51 - axus
Quote from anik360 :well devs shoudda thought which mirror to host on Filefront is better

Oh, enough already. Chances are it was something else. The devs have a very strict policy regarding mirrors, I recall contacting Victor about an SA mirror and he said that he wouldn't put it on the main site because it required you to register. Filefront is not better either. The general idea is to have as many mirrors as possible, if someone offers a good mirror, the devs would obviously accept the offer and link it on the main site. :doh:
Just use the auto updater, you will see all available mirrors there.
Quote from axus :Oh, enough already. Chances are it was something else. The devs have a very strict policy regarding mirrors, I recall contacting Victor about an SA mirror and he said that he wouldn't put it on the main site because it required you to register. Filefront is not better either. The general idea is to have as many mirrors as possible, if someone offers a good mirror, the devs would obviously accept the offer and link it on the main site. :doh:

Please don't give me the 'enough already' shite...

I'm not saying that there IS a virus, but my system is clean and well maintained. My software is recognising the file as a threat. That is all. The autoupdater is not working for me.
Does this mean we'll be getting a new patch soon?
#55 - joen
Quote from Markz :Ahh yes, thanks lol.
Never really understood the functions of the Auto Updater...

convenience and making sure people who don't frequent the frontpage and/or forum don't come complaining how they can't find any players online anymore and that LFS is dead. Which ofcourse would be caused by them not updating to the latest patch.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad : bah
#56 - axus
Quote from nihil :Please don't give me the 'enough already' shite...

I'm not saying that there IS a virus, but my system is clean and well maintained. My software is recognising the file as a threat. That is all. The autoupdater is not working for me.

My post wasn't directed at yours - merely at someone else's poorly typed, presumptuous post.
Thanx for the patch, i like the new sounds!

But when i have installed the patch the setting 'window while connecting'
automatically is set to "yes", but i had it set to 'no'
Also Patch V8 set it to "yes".
I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but i thought i mention it here

Brikkah
ok so to clarify
i never said lfs or any mirrirs had a virus,,i said maybe ok..it turns out my antivirus dosnt recognise so is repoting as w32/downloader t2 trojan..wich by the way dosnt seem to exist,,,so i hope this sorts things out,,my apolagies for any offence.. non was meant,,i was just trying to sort myself out and ask for help..which is what i thought the forum was all about...once again sorry for ienience and thanks for all you out there who checked things out,,, cheers and see you on track
Quote from axus :My post wasn't directed at yours - merely at someone else's poorly typed, presumptuous post.

OK, but there is a problem somewhere. Please do not dismiss it just because the autoupdater is working for you. I'm not an idiot, but without an alternative to the autoupdater the patch is not retrievable for me.

@madmaff: which software are you using?
Awesome thanks dude!

Cant wait for patch X lol :P
this damed new pc gaurd from virgen media
seems to be ok,,just turned it off for dowloading lfs
#62 - Jakg
Quote from Brikkah :Thanx for the patch, i like the new sounds!

But when i have installed the patch the setting 'window while connecting'
automatically is set to "yes", but i had it set to 'no'
Also Patch V8 set it to "yes".
I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but i thought i mention it here

Brikkah

its because some firewalls detect its a newer exe, and that it might be malicious, so it might pop up and say something when it tries to connect to the net, so LFS leaves full screen mode just in case

Feature
#63 - axus
Quote from nihil :OK, but there is a problem somewhere. Please do not dismiss it just because the autoupdater is working for you. I'm not an idiot, but without an alternative to the autoupdater the patch is not retrievable for me.

@madmaff: which software are you using?

There's the direct link in Scawen's first post in this thread.
#64 - Jakg
Correction, there was a link in the first post - now removed
everything works fine here !
good Patch
Works fine for me !
Thanksss !!!!!
Quote from maddmaff :this damed new pc gaurd from virgen media
seems to be ok,,just turned it off for dowloading lfs

Ah... I have netguard, which I think is the same as pc guard - the problem must be with their database. See, information flows once the fanboys shut up.
Quote from nihil :Ah... I have netguard, which I think is the same as pc guard - the problem must be with their database. See, information flows once the fanboys shut up.

But was there a fault in LFS? No.
Quote from Blackout :But was there a fault in LFS? No.

If you have netguard or PC guard, then for some reason the LFS patch is recognised as a W32 worm. Its up to the devs to sort out why that is, but they'll have to contact the company involved.
Thanks !!!
Thanks for the new version, i was waiting so much !!! and dedicate too, great work boys !!! lets test it...

Well, the patch was released not so long time ago, how could you expect that all the small and random AV programs could know it?
is this an official release or not? i mean , cuz it aint on the startpage of lfs
#73 - joen
holy cow, you guys ARE ON FIRE!! good work!
Thanks!

Final Test - Patch W
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG