The online racing simulator
Anyone got the PS3?
(64 posts, started )
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :man that sounds amazing, see for the PS2 how do you connect that to the internet ( i have broadband )?

You have to buy an additional piece of hardware that slots into the expansion bay IIRC.
im sure we got something like that with our PS2 but maybe not! oh well!
Attention! This post is no longer available due to unforeseen technical and mental difficulties. You can find the revised post in this location.
if ur calling me a jerk and a PS3 fanatic

1. i never said i was obsessed with the PS3 i wanted to find out what it was like

and

2. how the hell does that make me a jerk?

anyone else think im a ;
Quote :bizarre demo user PS3 fanatic circle jerk.

I don't think you're a jerk but I think it's probably about time I'd be off to bed, it's about 20 to 1.
cheers, yea i know i think i will be going there soon! i think spankmeyer must have fell out the wrong side of the bed this morning!
Quote from ajp71 :You have to buy an additional piece of hardware that slots into the expansion bay IIRC.

Not if you have the slim PS2, that is already built in.
no i got like the thick PS2! well there is not much point in buying it if my brother is going to get the PS3 as it drops in price hopefully soon!
Quote :This thread is a bizarre demo user PS3 fanatic circle jerk.

Quote :this is the best money i have ever spent on a console ever

Riiiiiight.

EDIT: Due to numerous complaints to our support hotline, you can find the revised post below.

Rev 1.2A:
"This thread is a rather curious, "pat-my-back-and-I'll-pat-your back" discussion filled with superlatives conserning the qualities of a certain product. The product in question has been known to carry a significant number of drawbacks and many of them has been publicly documented before - though the posters above fail to acknowledge them."
How is this thread a >>
Quote :"pat-my-back-and-I'll-pat-your back"

Quote from johnfromsunnymull :How is this thread a >>

No one seems to have presented a balanced viewpoint, or any real opposing viewpoint at all. The PS3 may be good in some peoples opinion but simply saying it's the best console you can ever buy ever even if it's £400 is blatant fanboyism/trying to justify your purchase and isn't at all constructive in deciding whether you want to splash out a lot of money for something that doesn't really do much different from something half the price (360) or even that much more than something an eighth of the price (previous gen consoles).
I agree with Alex. I get the feeling that people will feel like total w*nkers for spend £400 on something which isnt very good. I'm not saying this is the case, the PS3 maybe very good and I intend to buy one. But I will give my honest opinion as and when I do. Regardless if I have spend Liberia's Deficit on a console which is cack or good.
I don't own a PS3 nor do I intend to invest in one. It's funny, you guys are going on about how it “looks amazing” and is the “next level” and comes in different colors and such, but are the games even “fun”? How deep does that beauty run?

I got a Wii on launch day and I love it to pieces. I've got 6 wii games that I have to force myself to rotate between or else I'll just never stop playing whichever one. They're all fun in ways I've alwsys imagined video games should be like. Not to mention all the virtual console games I'm getting to love all over again. I had to make an agreement with myself about those too: I can't download more until I actually beat one. (I just got another batch after finishing Bomberman 93.) I've even gotten my fiancée and mother to both play games with me which is another dream come true lol!

For me a game is just plain more fun when you get to interact with it in a more realistic way. Like LFS with a ff wheel vs. a keyboard, or Guitar Hero and it's guitar controller. Or DDR and it's dance pad thingy. I just can't imagine wanting to play a game with a regular old controller anymore, given the choice.

Oh and did I mention I'm posting this from my Wii? (Wirelessly?)
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Fair enough, but i would'nt of wanted to be your wallet when you bought a 360. All im saying is just try having the PS3 for a few days (maybe borrow of a freind) BTW, it was my dad's wallet that got shot ^^

Well my wallet has AU$400 more in it than erm... your dad's.
I'm really glad you like your PS3 but as has been suggested, you need to back up your rants with facts rather than just saying things like:
"on PS3, lag does'nt exist in it's dictionary"
There are many factors at play in network performance. Simply saying that the PS3 doesn't lag online is utter rubbish and just makes you look like a rampant fanboy.
I don't own a PS3 or an xbox360, but i've played on them both about the same amount of time (Relatives have them). I really cant tell much difference between the 2, i've not noticed anything you cant do with one that you can on the other, apart from the obvious blu ray capabilities of the PS3.
I probably wont buy one of either for a while at least, i'll wait to see whether blu ray or hd-dvd movies come out on top, then purchase accordingly.
Blu-Ray will win the HD war... As for the consoles... PS3 can't stream movies, but can play more files, the streaming should be sorted in a firmware update...

The 360 has a hughe range of games, the PS3 is new and the collection will grow

Which console to choose, your forgetting the most fun console though, the Wii, It may not have the HD graphics, but it is the most fun to play if you have mates over!

If you can afford it, get all 3, bt if you must choose between the 360 and PS3 now, go into a shop and hold both controllers, buy the one that feels more comfortable to you!
#42 - Jakg
i have a PC, why should i spend £450 on a console? for that i could buy a quad core, overclocking board, memory and an 8800 - throw in the HDTV and i'll match it with a 30" Dell Monitor

The only console i could ever think of owning is the Wii, its just SO different and so gameplay orientated comapred to the other stuff
Quote from Blackout :Ugh, all this HD nonsense makes me vomit all over the place.
Playability over graphics, always.

How 'HD' does the PS3 go? As much as 2048 x 1536?
Patches for games readily available for instant download?
Game Devs that dont release a patch and call it a 'New Version'?
Games that can be modded by the community to increase enjoyment?

Consoles suck
Quote :Which console to choose, your forgetting the most fun console though, the Wii, It may not have the HD graphics, but it is the most fun to play if you have mates over!

If you can afford it, get all 3, bt if you must choose between the 360 and PS3 now, go into a shop and hold both controllers, buy the one that feels more comfortable to you!

My fiancee's sister has a wii, and i've played on it more than i have either of the other two consoles. First time i played it i was like 'WOW!', but the novelty value soon wore off and i now just find it normal. I suppose the PS3 has some of the movement sensitive capabilities of the wii, but it has the graphics to go with it (i feel like i i'm playing on a dreamcast when i play with wii). I know this go's against the whole gameplay> graphics thing, but the graphics are a big thing for me.
Quote from farcar :

If you think that is "is the best money i have ever spent on a console ever", then that's fine, I'm just glad I'm not your wallet.

EDIT -

Really? :P
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=51938

blimey! the 360 kicked its ass, ive just sold my 360, it was fun, good games also but at the end of the day i prefer PC's , i like to play around with my games
I´ll save my money for a directx 10 gfx card and a new motherboard next year, which won´t cost me 600 €.

Bear in mind, the PS3 has a build in a modified nividia G71 graphic chip, which is far from being state of the art.
same idea for me, a new dx10 card,chip,mobo and ram. ohh and a copy of crysis
Quote from ajp71 :No one seems to have presented a balanced viewpoint, or any real opposing viewpoint at all. The PS3 may be good in some peoples opinion but simply saying it's the best console you can ever buy ever even if it's £400 is blatant fanboyism/trying to justify your purchase and isn't at all constructive in deciding whether you want to splash out a lot of money for something that doesn't really do much different from something half the price (360) or even that much more than something an eighth of the price (previous gen consoles).

Well on the price front I don't agree when you put it into context.

To bring an xBox 360 upto a PS3 standard you need to upgrade the HDD, buy the £60 rip off WiFi add-on, buy a HD DVD drive £134.99, £40 12 month subscription to xBox live and if they do it for the 360 Bluetooth. All of that there is over £514+, couldn't find a 60GB HDD or a Bluetooth thing for the 360.

Mr Gates just has a smart way of making people pay more without noticing.

My brother has a 360 and has spent about £380 on it so far and no doubt he'll end up forking out £134.99 on a HD DVD drive for it.

Then you also have to note that you can't buy a blu-ray DVD player cheaper than the PS3.

Having played both, to me they are not a huge amount different. Most games are multi-platform so even then there's very little to influence you one way or the other. For me if I was going to buy a console the free online play and since I need WiFi I'd buy the PS3. Not to mention I'm a Metal Gear Solid fan . Another factor is I've owned a PS1 and PS2 which I've been more than happy with.

Quote from FOGlegsy :blimey! the 360 kicked its ass, ive just sold my 360, it was fun, good games also but at the end of the day i prefer PC's , i like to play around with my games

Well Blu-ray is said to be slower. The thing Microsoft have against them is they have no way in pushing HD DVD forward. Sony have a major influence on the market being in the DVD department as well so can really push home the blu-ray format.

I'm glad Sony went out and did something different. Now there is a real war not only between consoles but two formats. Had they just gone along with the xBox 360 and went for HD DVD technology what would the difference be?

The real question to be asked is how will people take it when they find themselves having to fork out £134.99 on a HD DVD drive for the 360? My brother thought the 360 came with a HD drive until I informed him otherwise, so I doubt he is alone. Will you need the HD DVD drive for the 360 in the future to play newer games? Something I've not found an answer for.
ps3 sucks cause it doesnt have LFS :P
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :irn bru all the way!

Absolute bloody shame you can't get it in vending machines in England

Quote :ps3 sucks cause it doesnt have LFS

Bingo

If I bother getting a next gen this year will be mainly based on if Madden NFL 08 comes out on PS2 or not. Sports games on PC suck TBH.

Wii is silly, if you look up gimmick in the dictionary it will say "The motion sensor in the Nintendo Wii" - now tell me a game which has a practical application for a motion sensor - the gun thingy is just a light gun thing that won't work as well (you absolutely cannot do anything like Starsky and Hutch on PS2 did where you have no crosshair on the lightgun. Muhahaha). And come to mention it the only thing that involves wheels and an engine is Mario bloody Kart. The music makes you want to get a screwdriver and make yourself deaf instantaniously and all these shitty kiddywinko kart games are pretty similar in the level design and character front.

I'm waiting to see who wins the Bluray versus HD DVD format war unless a proper killer app comes out. And no, Halo 3 or GT5 don't count.

Anyone got the PS3?
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG