The online racing simulator
How Crap Is This!
(115 posts, started )
ok cool thanks Victor i will have a look!

EDIT : i dont see anything that says about how to send the cheques?
#28 - joen
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :ok cool thanks Victor i will have a look!

EDIT : i dont see anything that says about how to send the cheques?

Your selected item:S2 license
Cost:£24
Payment via:Cheque
Receipt will be sent to:email
To pay by UK Cheque, you will need the following details:

Make the cheque payable to 'Live for Speed'
Enter the amount of £24
On the back of the cheque, you must write the following information:
-Username: ****
-ID: *****
-Item: S2 license

Send your cheque to:

Live for Speed
91 Lisbon Avenue
Twickenham
Middlesex
TW2 5HL

As soon as your cheque has arrived, your payment will be visible on your 'License status' page and your order will be processed (account upgraded or voucher mailed to you).

LFS Team
On one hand, I can see that a purchase of Live For Speed is pretty harmless; it is a challenging game that is non violent and appropriate for all ages, it could possibly, in theroy make someone a better driver, and the people you find online in the non demo verison are for the most part mature, helpful and friendly. Oh, and it keeps you off the streets so you dont turn into some chav driving a silly pimped out Nova. Or spray painting rude gestures on brick walls. Or both!

...On the other hand though, you are 14, menaing that what mum says is law of the house. And I am sure she looking out for your best interests, because she is thinking of your future and the way you manage money.

Have her read this post, see what she thinks!
ok man thats good to know but what is the difference between the ID and username?
Quote from jayhawk :On one hand, I can see that a purchase of Live For Speed is pretty harmless; it is a challenging game that is non violent and appropriate for all ages, it could possibly, in theroy make someone a better driver, and the people you find online in the non demo verison are for the most part mature, helpful and friendly. Oh, and it keeps you off the streets so you dont turn into some chav driving a silly pimped out Nova. Or spray painting rude gestures on brick walls. Or both!

...On the other hand though, you are 14, menaing that what mum says is law of the house. And I am sure she looking out for your best interests, because she is thinking of your future and the way you manage money.

Have her read this post, see what she thinks!

ok i will do jawhawk lol!!
Of course, you could ask why your parents don't want you to have the license. If it's because they think you should do your homework before using the computer, see if you can work out some way to show that you will put your education first.

While they may seem like killjoys, parents are usually just trying to look out for you. Find out what the problem is and then see if you can solve it with them, not behind their backs.
Quote from Christofire :Of course, you could ask why your parents don't want you to have the license. If it's because they think you should do your homework before using the computer, see if you can work out some way to show that you will put your education first.

While they may seem like killjoys, parents are usually just trying to look out for you. Find out what the problem is and then see if you can solve it with them, not behind their backs.

ok well i dont think that education is the problem i think it is just becuase she says its a waste of money thats all the problem is!
Quote from Christofire :Of course, you could ask why your parents don't want you to have the license. If it's because they think you should do your homework before using the computer, see if you can work out some way to show that you will put your education first.

Hmmm...you ideas are good, any ideas for convincing my mum into letting my brother buy an air rifle. He's in the cadets; he's shot both air and real guns I've got no idea why she wouldn't let him.
ah yes, please do not see my cheque suggestion as a method to force you into anything And, if you'd buy it, you might end up losing it again, if your parents are truly serious about not spending (too) much time behind your computer
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :ok well i dont think that education is the problem i think it is just becuase she says its a waste of money thats all the problem is!

My mum's like that. That's why I got my own bank account so I can more or less spend my money on what I want.
yea, well i have a bank account but its not up as paypal or any other payment way on the computer! were i live is such a crap place to find a job but as i have one they cannot put the money straight into the bank which is a pain but hopefully soon this will be fixed and i will have the S2 ASAP (hopefully)
#38 - JTbo

True, but also parents should never use some excuses or lies to get their kids to what they say, also saying LFS is waste of money is not right way if real reason is worrying about if playing LFS will get homeworks not done etc. That would be just error when rising a child, imo.

Kids that grow up to healthy adults with good self confidence seem to come from such families where issues are discussed openly and where parents are not using lies or lame excuses for limits. Surely kids need limits and all, but from what I have seen, it seem to be best to talk from real things with real names and make kid to use their brains as early as possible instead of implying brains off limits.
Raising a child is not something everyone can do and I would say most today have not a clue what it takes.

Yeah, I don't have kids and I have no plans getting any as it is too much for me to handle, even I believe I know really many things how to raise kids etc. but I don't believe I could ever be as strong to concentrate 20 years for a job
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :yea, well i have a bank account but its not up as paypal or any other payment way on the computer! were i live is such a crap place to find a job but as i have one they cannot put the money straight into the bank which is a pain but hopefully soon this will be fixed and i will have the S2 ASAP (hopefully)

If you have a bank account with a bank card that can be used in shops you can always pay through pay pal without actually signing up, thats what I did for some reason it didn't want my card at first.
ok kool, but homework is not a problem seen as i dont really do it any way until the night before! well i will just wait and see what the say tommorow because they werent in a too good a mood today anyway so will let them sleep on it!
#41 - JTbo
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :ok kool, but homework is not a problem seen as i dont really do it any way until the night before! well i will just wait and see what the say tommorow because they werent in a too good a mood today anyway so will let them sleep on it!

Just ask them to put 3 facts on paper why they don't like you to get LFS license and then 3 things that you could do to make they reconsider. When asking this don't get excited and don't rise your voice or anything like that, look into eyes and ask these things, probably they will give some real reasons or give up
ah yes... the trouble of the youth... brings back memories... now the only one who doesnt apreciate LFS and wheel bits all over is my girlfriend
lol yea ok thats sounds a good idea but if it doesnt work i think i will have to go back to the good old keep asking them until they give up! lol but yea tommorow hopefully i will get S2 and will be able to join you guys in racing!
ok, kid.. just tell her that it's your f'ing monney, so she should just STFU and buy it! Tell her that you earned it, and it's your descision on what it gets spent on. (well, that is if you realy did earn it yourself...)

I would be PISSED if my parents did that when I was little. They only did if I wanted THEM to pay for something, which, compared to your situation, is reasonable.

Oh, and dont get pissed at your parents too much, you will be one too some day, you know?
EmmyLou's mother not only agreed to buy EmmyLou a license at the tender age of 13, but allowed EmmyLou's Dad to have a license too, at the not-so-tender age of 49...

(Well, I suppose that I did have a say in things too )

John, get your Dad strapped into your chair, boot up LFS and force him to play it for an hour or so...unless he is a total gimp then I'm sure that if you manage a half-decent presentation of the pros (and cons!) of LFS then you will at least get him on your side, then your Mum will be outnumbered 2 to 1...and that may help a bit!
#47 - joen
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :ok man thats good to know but what is the difference between the ID and username?

You don't have to fill those in, if you click on the link Victor gave you, and click on the "I agree" button, those will be filled in for you.
Make sure that you are logged in on liveforspeed.net.
Quote from Mako. :ok, kid.. just tell her that it's your f'ing monney, so she should just STFU and buy it! Tell her that you earned it, and it's your descision on what it gets spent on. (well, that is if you realy did earn it yourself...)

I would be PISSED if my parents did that when I was little. They only did if I wanted THEM to pay for something, which, compared to your situation, is reasonable.

Oh, and dont get pissed at your parents too much, you will be one too some day, you know?

well i asked her this morning before she went shopping that she would think about it so hopefully its a YES when she gets home, if not i will have to pay it with check!
#49 - joen
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :well i asked her this morning before she went shopping that she would think about it so hopefully its a YES when she gets home, if not i will have to pay it with check!

fingers crossed I hope she'll let you.
And if your mum doesn't approve, tell her that shopping for new shoes or whatever is such an utter waste of money!
Yea fingers crossed and yea dont worry i will i mean shoes only last well for me about 4-5 months LFS pretty much a lifetime!

How Crap Is This!
(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG