The online racing simulator
perspective a wake up call from the matrix
(18 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
heres how you would draw reality:
http://www.geocities.com/~jlhagan/K9-14/draw_five.htm

if you look to an infinite chess board there will be a left vanishing point and a right vp

that if you take a picture with an angle of view of more than 90º which is easy

now imagine you put besides to the horizontal infinite chessboard another one perpendicular to the first, vertical

now you have besides the left vp and right one an up vanishing point and a bottom one total 4 vanishing points

so if you take a picture of reality with abox camera no lens if theres an angle of view of more than 90º youll have 4 vanishing points

straight lines in reality will be seen straight in the picture

but check this out:

http://www.termespheres.com/perspective.html

four point perspective means representing straight lines bent which contradicts the imagine shown by the camera which therefore cant be a representation of reality but an illusion

a projection of a straight line on a plane surface can only be straight but on the other hand its only representation in a 4 point perspective is circled

in other words a pictur with an angle of view of more than 90º should have 4 vanishing point but at its most in this reality only has three because if you add the fourth straight lines turn into curves
sure but you got to remember straight lines bent will be vanished once you draw perpetual motion to them

there is 3 point and 6 point perpective aswell
you add 3 lines or 6 lines and uncomine them, it becomes 4 point

now turn them to about 70 degrees and the projection you get is a 2nd dimensional from last picture u gave.

Quote : imagine shown by the camera which therefore cant be a representation of reality but an illusion

somewhat true if u see it in 4 point but take my advice and picture it at 70 degrees

u wont see much vanished and also illusion is almost visible like moon
as said dr.frulov in essex university that you can pinpoint the amount of degrees by de-combining 70 degrees with 4 and 6 point perspective.

it comes in curves and io he activates
#3 - Jakg
Lerts for president.
#4 - nihil
Actually this is probably one of lerts most pertinent posts to date - the single point perspective used to visualise the world in ALL (to my knowledge) simulations is an extraordinarily blunt and rather unimaginative way of dealing with information from the virtual world.

Time and again people here confuse photographic reality with realism. The two are simply not the same.
#5 - Jakg
Note to self - never show Lerts' posts to friends - hearing them read the word aloud means some things actually started to make sense.

I was happy when I saw a new topic from Lerts. There is no other person on forum that can entertain me as much as Lerts, and somehow I allways looking forward to get a reply from him hhee

Actually I was a little sad tho, this topic made some sence. I had hoped Lerts would take the time to tell about the other dimmension that is parallell with the one we're living in, aswell as a detailed explanation of the xspermoit driving.
#7 - lerts
this is an old topic, actually i got it out wrong

for straight lines to apear bend it doesnt happen in box camera projection

actually ive been searching for a paradox in perspective since 2000 but didnt find any just odd things

besides old paradoxes like zenos turtle racing achiles is wrong because he doesnt take into account that as distance halfs forever so does time it takes to run each half

seems this reality is real, no paradoxes, maybe just clues to more dimensions
Quote from nihil :Actually this is probably one of lerts most pertinent posts to date - the single point perspective used to visualise the world in ALL (to my knowledge) simulations is an extraordinarily blunt and rather unimaginative way of dealing with information from the virtual world.

Time and again people here confuse photographic reality with realism. The two are simply not the same.

3D graphics in games used to use the techniques in 2 point perspective, but most now use a variation on 4 point perspective with the upper and lower VPs way off past the boundaries of the screen. You can see the 'bending' effect in LFS if you make the FOV really big. In old games you wouldn't get this bending - it would all still be straight lines with a big FOV.

The 'points' idea doesn't really work with the kind of graphics games use though, as there are actually an infinite number of vanishing points. The difference between the systems are more a case of how the positions of each VP are mapped onto the 2D surface according to where the point is in 3D space, rather than the actual number of VPs used.
Quote from lerts :this is an old topic, actually i got it out wrong

for straight lines to apear bend it doesnt happen in box camera projection

actually ive been searching for a paradox in perspective since 2000 but didnt find any just odd things

besides old paradoxes like zenos turtle racing achiles is wrong because he doesnt take into account that as distance halfs forever so does time it takes to run each half

seems this reality is real, no paradoxes, maybe just clues to more dimensions

You made my day

But you got to agree that there is a parallell dimmension, that affect eachothers right?
lerts, I love that you create the kind of posts that take 15 months for a single person to come up with a reply to
It takes that long for anyone to work out what he's on about.
My point exactly
Hadn't noticed the date of OP!!!
In Lert's dimension that'll mean he'll post this thread a month on Tuesday.

--

Anyone else think Lerts should start his own religion ?

"The Church of Lerts"...anyone ?

Quote from tristancliffe :Hadn't noticed the date of OP!!!

Me neither Was wondering why he said "this is an old thread"
Quote from Mazz4200 :In Lert's dimension that'll mean he'll post this thread a month on Tuesday.

--

Anyone else think Lerts should start his own religion ?

"The Church of Lerts"...anyone ?

I am in for that one

But one thing, why do people even get upset / offended / hurt feelins when they read Lerts post. Sure, if you can understand 10% of the meaning of the post it would be a extraordinary post from him - but point is that I don't see why some people have the urge to moan about him. He's like...well...Lerts is Lerts, and he lights up the forum. I have no idea what he talks about, but I like him. And as Bob points out, usually he posts topic that actually is well described...well.. on a Lert-kind of way, but still - a positive way.

This forum needs a Lerts, not driftzorspammers and cruizers looking for patch that adds blings, neon lights, bumpers, shops, police and hoe's - so they could live out their fetish in game.
Lerts may actually be a genius. Just because he has trouble communicating what he is saying, who knows what is going on inside of his head. Alot of past geniuses were considered to be crazy, or had mental illnesses.
#18 - aoun
Very VERY true.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG