The online racing simulator
What do you think about this? [speed limiters on bikes]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6505423.stm

Personally, they can kiss my arse, it will be a cold, cold day in hell before they fit anything like this to a bike I own, I'll ride the thing illegally if it came to it.

Typical uneducated clap-trap from overpaid idiots, at what speed do accidents stop happening?

Idiots :rolleyes:
Quote from danowat :Personally, they can kiss my arse, I'll give up my unrestricted bike--when they pry it from my cold, dead, hands, I'll ride the thing illegally if it came to it.

The truth doesn't matter to them.. Restricting something they don't use, much less understand, is what's important. Same crap, different country.
Bikes are already 'restricted' under an agreement between the manufacturers to 300 kph/186mph.
Obviuosly, this 'restriction' is usually the first thing to be modified when buying a new bike...but any other method of limiting a bikers right to splatter himself against a lorry at whatever speed he wants to is downright naughty!

Bloody nanny-state strikes again. I'm getting fed up with His Tonyness and the do-goodie frame of mind of this governmaent..you can bet that if No 10 got wind of LFS, then they would find a way to ban it, because it gives too many people a lot of fun!
Quote from Breizh :
The truth doesn't matter to them.. Restricting something they don't use, much less understand, is what's important. Same crap, different country.

Isn't it hard to ride bikes in Antarctia? LOL
#5 - nihil
That is such a dangerous idea - in more ways than one. Anyone who's actually ridden a bike (rather than looked at one and thought "oooooh, that looks scary - need to find a way to tame that...."), knows that accelerating out of harms way is one of the best defences a rider has.

But its dangerous in other ways - we, as a society, are sleepwalking into an era of delusion: we seem to be under the impression that the more we legislate, the more we control the world, the safer it will be.

This is infantile.
Quote from nihil :That is such a dangerous idea - in more ways than one. Anyone who's actually ridden a bike (rather than looked at one and thought "oooooh, that looks scary - need to find a way to tame that...."), knows that accelerating out of harms way is one of the best defences a rider has.

But its dangerous in other ways - we, as a society, are sleepwalking into an era of delusion: we seem to be under the impression that the more we legislate, the more we control the world, the safer it will be.

This is infantile.

I agree, you're doing 70mph down the motorway and theres some cars just hit each other, or some vehicle behind who wants to overtake, most bikers would floor it to move into the inside lane if there was a car there but they wouldn't be able to with the limiters, ridiculous ploy of the nanny-state to stop people from having fun. I'm seriously thinking of moving abroad when I get some money and a job, getting ridiculous.
#7 - herki
The scary part is that only the max speed and power would be limited... Wonder which is more dangerous; a car doing +10mph on city streets or a bike . Bike is smaller, stops faster than a car. Though limiting pollution might be a good thing, but it could be done sensibly while they are at it...

You would save more lives if you installed direction indicators on BMWs, Audis and Mercs
Quote from Hyperactive :
You would save more lives if you installed direction indicators on BMWs, Audis and Mercs

Or install drivers that know how to use them, wierd how most bad drivers drive German cars isn't it
The house of Commons is supposed to represent the people, but they don't. And they lack common sense and a good brain. I'm moving to Germany when I'm old enough. Not as if everything's better over there, but at least the houses, cars and electronics are cheaper, which make life a bit more bearable.
They should make it illegal for anyone in a city to buy a 4x4, that would help everyone out!
Quote from Thorvertonian :They should make it illegal for anyone in a city to buy a 4x4, that would help everyone out!

+1
Cars should be fitted with a device that stops the driver from pulling out within a certain distance of a bike, and slaps them HARD for their foolishness if they attempt to.
They should simply make it harder to graduate for their driving tests. Can't see a motorbike coming? Nearly hitting a kid? FAIL!!!
#15 - JTbo
Why bike pollutes more? I mean many of those drink lot less fuel than a car and in most cars there is only one person anyway.

So soon our politicians copy that from your country too, all they can do seem to be to copy most stupid ideas and laws from other countries, bastards

Elections did go and my vote did not change anything at all again, everything is going as it has gone for years all same faces continue and few most stupid candidates was selected, damn sheeps.

Edit: Checked fuel consumptions of bikes and those are commonly 50-60MPG, damn Ford Focus consumes more than that, so by what right they use green bandwagon here? Shows how whole green thing is falling apart, it is used to wrong things and soon nobody is not caring about environment at all.
-
(IReallyHateBureaucracy) DELETED by IReallyHateBureaucracy : I need to shut up.
Quote from JTbo :Why bike pollutes more? I mean many of those drink lot less fuel than a car and in most cars there is only one person anyway.

So soon our politicians copy that from your country too, all they can do seem to be to copy most stupid ideas and laws from other countries, bastards

Not sure if there even exists any kind of "pollution laws" for bikes...? Except for noise..

Quote from JTbo :Elections did go and my vote did not change anything at all again, everything is going as it has gone for years all same faces continue and few most stupid candidates was selected, damn sheeps.

Ainakin pari huijaria (esim. Juhantalo jne.) jäi nyt ilman paikkaa
Quote from Hyperactive :Not sure if there even exists any kind of "pollution laws" for bikes...? Except for noise..

All bikes have to pass Euro IV emmisions testing, which is why most bikes have a nasty flat spot around 4000-5000rpm to compliy with this requirement.

As for pollutiing more than cars, well, when I ride my bike hard on the track, I am lucky to see the bright side of 15mpg
#18 - JTbo
Quote from danowat :All bikes have to pass Euro IV emmisions testing, which is why most bikes have a nasty flat spot around 4000-5000rpm to compliy with this requirement.

As for pollutiing more than cars, well, when I ride my bike hard on the track, I am lucky to see the bright side of 15mpg

Lol, I'm getting around 7MPG with my car on track, you are doing quite cheap with bike
Emissions testing on bikes is also the reason the new GSX-R1000K7 has those god awfull twin silencers..........

My dads bike could of potentially saved his life due to its power. He was filtering down the side of a line of traffic at about 20mph when a woman done a U-turn without indicating right infront of him, he floored it past the car which clipped his foot and almost flung him off the bike but he held it...if he didn't have the power to get past that car he would have been under its wheels.

Governments should stop trying to run our lives, there will be a very big backlash one day when people really reach their limit and blow a fuse. They try to wrap us up in cotton wool, but by doing so they are suffocating us.

Instead of imposing limitations on the speed of bikes, why not educate the lazy drivers who don't pay attention to their surroundings and cause the majority of biker deaths.

EDUCATE DON'T LEGISLATE
I agree - it's bull. The reason I ride a bike is because they are so fast. Doesn't mean I will necessarily kill myself.

I agree the mini motos are a problem though.
i dont get it ... how many bike accidents are there with anyone other than the biker being injured ?

Quote from danowat :Or install drivers that know how to use them, wierd how most bad drivers drive German cars isn't it

they can take the most hits without being actually broken
http://www.whnet.com/4x4/pix3/W140_Opel.jpg
Quote from Gentlefoot :

I agree the mini motos are a problem though.

But there are already adequate nuisance laws with which to deal with that problem. But to use them would be too simple. Oh no, we need something else. Quick, let's see what we can cook up...

Anyone seen this? Here's the bill the article refers to.
If they made the driving test so tough that only 50% of people could pass, and made people re-take it ever 10 years, it would encourage use of public transport, help with pollution and keep dangerous drivers off the road ... radical, but it would work
The bike test is already harder than the car test, I am still of the notion that ALL drivers of cars should be made to do at least 1 days testing/training on a motorbike.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG