The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from danowat :Added a few mods to my bike (I know, but I just can't stop modding things )

A carbon front mudguard, new dark double bubble screen, new small indicators to replace the god awful standards and the cherry on the cake, my lovely bellypan

Bike is looking greatDo you use it for track day's ?
Sure do, and I am giving it it's first Nurburgring trip in no less than 4 days
Quote from danowat :Sure do, and I am giving it it's first Nurburgring trip in no less than 4 days

Nice. Will this be your first time at the 'Ring on a bike, or have you ridden there before? How about in a car? I've been there once in a car and spent a couple of days driving it.

Well, I've had my bike for a few weeks now and have a couple of hundred miles on it now. Taking it pretty easy so far as it's my first bike and I want to keep myself in one piece. It has decent low end and I'm enjoying the comfortable riding position. I don't know about the top end yet, ask me in another few weeks
Quote from Mr.Muh :Wo bleibt der Bus mit den Leuten, die das interessiert?

I know that.

aaawwww ok.
Tried a Mille, far, FAR to uncomfortable for me, being "of a certain age", and quite tall I need something that will accomodate me in comfort for all day, and the Falco was the perfect blend of Mille engine and comfort
Quote from sidi :

Looking at your latest pic's i have to ask..........Where in hell do you find the time to keep it that clean.

It's not that clean. He's just fortunate enough to own a dirt coloured bike

btw, love this nice weather we've been having, evening blasts are what bikes were built for
It was the "all the wieght on the wrists, bum up in the air" riding position I couldn't handle.

As for cleaning?, just an hour a week

BTW Sinbad, it's NOT dirt colour, It's BRONZE hehehe

As for the weather, yeah, it has been good, did my 5 hour bifesafe police rideout last Saturday, that was quite good fun.
anyone like motorbikes?
post pictures of ur bikes (or ur favourite bikes) here

mountain bikes or motorbikes!
Yamaha YZF R1
this is mine!
Attached images
Yamaha R1.jpg
Merged threads.
gotta love the big V-twins. just picked this up a few weeks back, well px'ed my vfr400 for it anyways. havent had a chance to ride it yet really as the shock needs a rebuild, will deffo be getting done before summer though.

the new beasty, currently returning it to its original unmolested state:

just got rid of the little viffer, not the most powerful bikes but they can give just as much thrills:

also got my wee bike for when its wet and muddy:

Suppose I should post in here then. Otherwise Forbin might not think I'm a biker. Though I would have thought that the fact I'd mentioned it many times, go motor racing in my old 'bike helmet, that Andrew uses my even older bike helmet.

But anyway... drumroll please. I took this photo at about 2 minutes past 9, when I was meant to be at work at 9. I went in the car, so I didn't get the bike out.

It's a Kawasaki Balius 250 import, with an inline-4 engine. Peak torque is at about 12k rpm, and it produces a heavy 20 odd horsepower. I'd not been a biker for a few years, and my previous bike was a ZZR250, which was MUCH quicker (The Balius tops out at about 80mph, the ZZR would hit 118). I still want either a ZZR600 or a Honda NC30, as I just love those two types of bike.
Attached images
balius.jpg
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
Jakg's "sik r1d3!!1!"

'Tis a Blue (although was originally red) Gilera DNA 50, from 2001, with 14k miles on the clock (although seeing as the speedo died "sometime" last year i have no idea if it's way higher than that).

Broken Electric Start and Speedo, but has a £100 Speedo in it (seems the cable is nackered, not the speedo!) and what looks to be a new exhaust, and heated handlebar thingy's

Piccies are below, shortly after taking these it sunk into the ground, fell over and smashed one of the wing mirrors, making the seat fall off, the battery come out and making it leak some oil, and after an hour of trying to get the bastard seat back on again (you use a separate key for some reason) i found out that some part of the electrics has blown (probably the electric start) so i might be able to fix it. It's also had Carbon Fibre effect Wing Mirrors, one of which is falling off (needs glueing). Oh yeah and the grips are worn to hell, the handlebar ends are covered in scratches. And the rear lights are cracked

Yup, as my Dad described "it's a heap of sh*t", but at least it's MY heap of sh*t!

If anyone else has a DNA (either the 50, 120 or 180 model), could they please post a piccie of whats under the seat behind the battery? Or is there some sort of Gilera forum i could ask this on?
Attached images
100_1285.jpg
100_1286.jpg
100_1287.jpg
100_1288.jpg
100_1289.jpg
100_1290.jpg
100_1292.jpg
100_1293.jpg
100_1294.jpg
100_1295.jpg
100_1284.jpg
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
Quote from Jakg :Jakg's "sik r1d3!!1!"

'Tis a Blue (although was originally red) Gilera DNA 50, from 2001, with 14k miles on the clock (although seeing as the speedo died "sometime" last year i have no idea if it's way higher than that).

Broken Electric Start and Speedo, but has a £100 Speedo in it (seems the cable is nackered, not the speedo!) and what looks to be a new exhaust, and heated handlebar thingy's

Piccies are below, shortly after taking these it sunk into the ground, fell over and smashed one of the wing mirrors, making the seat fall off, the battery come out and making it leak some oil, and after an hour of trying to get the bastard seat back on again (you use a separate key for some reason) i found out that some part of the electrics has blown (probably the electric start) so i might be able to fix it. It's also had Carbon Fibre effect Wing Mirrors, one of which is falling off (needs glueing). Oh yeah and the grips are worn to hell, the handlebar ends are covered in scratches. And the rear lights are cracked

Yup, as my Dad described "it's a heap of sh*t", but at least it's MY heap of sh*t!

If anyone else has a DNA (either the 50, 120 or 180 model), could they please post a piccie of whats under the seat behind the battery? Or is there some sort of Gilera forum i could ask this on?

COOL , ya gotta start somewhere fella.

As for your bike, you might find some good info here > http://eastofenglandbikers.com/newforum/

Top lot of peeps on there (and local too)
What? Bwahahaha That L is reeaallyy.. äh.. it looks like.. sort of..
Quote from Jakg :Yup, as my Dad described "it's a heap of sh*t", but at least it's MY heap of sh*t!

It's a good looking heap of sh*t though! Looks nice.
It may or may not be an item of abuse..
Attached images
DSCN1407.jpg
DSCN1410.jpg

This isn't mine, but mine's exactly the same model. It's nothing special, but it gets me to work and back, and lets me play about with some mild off road at the weekends.
Quote from Michael Denham :It's a good looking heap of sh*t though! Looks nice.

Dayum straight. In fact i just saw one thats 3 years newer with 100 less miles and no issues sell for £20 more *cries*

Found out it's had the immobiliser ripped out, and that it's got a siezed starter motor, fixed it, but it wont last long. Yay, more money to spend on it

Of course, i've got all the fun of repairing and maintaining it, without the fun of riding it (cant get a license 'till i'm 16, which means i gotta wait another month )
mine
ok the pic was taken from my phone so its small and crap... in the pic theirs my spedfight 50 an my kmx 125 for when im 17 in 16 days
Attached images
my 2 bikes.bmp
I wanted a decent sturdy bike. I live in the inner city, so I do a lot of things by bike. Even more then the average dutchman
Used to drive a Suzuki TS(x) 50ccm '94, but blew the engine and sold it.
Don't have the license to drive a heavy bike, but I drive my parents bikes.

'94 Honda Shadow 600ccm 43.5 hp | bilde01.jpg (me driving)
'85 Yamaha MaximX 700ccm 100+ hp | max2.jpg

Also added an image, apple red 1.jpg, which is a bike I surely hope to get
to see in real life one day. The MTT Y2K,
charged with a Rolls Royce Allison 250 series gas turbine, 320 hp at 52,000 rpm.
Check the bike at MTT. Jay Leno has one and am jelouse as hell..
You can also see the bike in the movie "Torqued"... And if am not mistaken,
it's gonna come out as a computer game within this year....
Attached images
max2.jpg
bilde01.jpg
apple red 1.jpg
Quote from riffey4 :I wanted a decent sturdy bike. I live in the inner city, so I do a lot of things by bike. Even more then the average dutchman

.....mmm.. Sturdy...

I went to Amsterdam last year and of the thousands and thousands of bikes there I think I saw about 3 that looked less than 50 years old

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG