The online racing simulator
Spinoff : Any Hangs or Freezes? (V5)
(21 posts, closed, started )
A greater than normal number of people have reported hang and freezes since installing patch V5. This does not happen to most people, as about 2000 people have downloaded the patch and just a few have reported the freezes. So we need to know more information :

1) What CPU do you have
2) What graphics card
3) Drivers version, if you know

Also, please let us know if it happened in the past or only with V5 or another V test patch.
i have it happening with V3 as there are some changes in V5 that id like to avoid
havent had it happen with earlier patches, started with V1.

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+
GPU: Geforce 7600GS
GPUDrivers: 93.71
Never had any freezes before with LFS, only when I installed V5.
Specs (laptop):

1) Core 2 Duo T5500 (1.6Mhz)
2) Nvidia Geforce 7300, 512Mb Turbo Cache
3) NGO NVIDIA Optimized Driver 2.9792

Frozed twice when I shift+S
[little OT]Many of us downloaded test patch from mirror sites, it can be much more then 2000 people. Maybe its better to provide test patches through autoupdater, but only if people manually type in "test patches 1" to cfg.txt and you will have exact number of patch instalations, not inexact number of downloads.

p.s.: I've no problems (opteron144, n6800gs, 1280x720, max LOD, FOV 70-85 (depends on car))[little OT]
Post deleted. I received word that our problem was a hardware issue.
As reported in the other thread...The Sim froze with a black screen and looping sound.

CPU: AMD 2400xp
GPU: ATI 9700pro
Drivers: Omega 3.8.330

I've driven 8000 miles since Feb 4th without a single problem.Nothing on my system has changed in that time,temps are fine, no virus/spyware etc. Everything in good order. Probs have only shown up since V5.
No problems with any other software/games.
This morning I was running my own server (trying to improve my PB's) and as I came around the last corner of BL1 (after the bridge) about 3 laps in, it froze for a second and then sputtered every second or so.

Running Patch V5 with:
1) AMD Athlon 64 3400+
2) Ati RADEON x800 GTO
3) Catalyst (not sure what version, I formatted last night so their fresh from ati.com)
I had it freeze twice while going from screen to screen.

Yesterday LFS froze and shut down with the error screen. After that the rest of my computer showed that it had nothing on it, no programs and nothing in start menu. Not sure the cause of that. Could not save the screenshot because I could not do anything.

AMD Athlon 64 4200+ dual core
Nvidia 7900 GTX 512MB
I don't know what version drivers but they are all up to date.
#9 - FL!P
It's not clear if you also want info on configurations where it does not happen, Scawen. Do you?
Quote from FL!P :It's not clear if you also want info on configurations where it does not happen, Scawen. Do you?

No, because then there would be thousands of posts "it's ok on my computer". This is a problem affecting just a few people.
I admit that it was just once it happened to me, but when running V5 patch my LFS froze when I ALT+F4'ed it to window. LFS window went black, sound seemed to be frozen and I had to kill LFS.exe by TaskManager. I have never had issue like this before.

Pentium 4E 3,2GHz @ 3,41 (it is not overheating) HT enabled
nVidia GeForce 7900GT PCI-E
ForceWare 97.73
I don't have install any TEST patch. I updated from oficial patch U to the new one oficial patch V and since that, sometimes in a middle of one race i get one black screen and one exit to windows with the LFS game minimized, but i can click at LFS icon minimiced and return to the game.
#AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (Barton)
#NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT
#ForceWare 93.71
I've had one lockup since patching.

P4 prescott S478 3GHz
ATI X850PE
Catalyst 7.2
Intel 1.86 Centrino
Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express

It has happened in the past but it seems to be more common now. I get freezes and if I Alt+Tab and return into the game it sometimes fixes it, sometimes it returns and other times it just crashes the laptop completely (Blue Screen). Sound loops and screen just freezes (no black screen, I still see everything).

(I always thought it was just because of my Crappy onboard video but if others are having problems maybe not )
I have froze a few times. I thought it was some viruses eating my cpu but im not sure.

Running patch v5 with:
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Nvidia Geforce 7300gs
Driver Version: 8.3.9.1
I have run LFS without any issues (until now) on my COMPAQ Presario B3800 laptop since 2005.

CPU: Intel Centrino 1.7GHz
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
DRIVERS VERSION: 6.14.10.6458 (does that seem right?)

The following is a summary of the issues I have been experiencing with LFS lately (I haven't tried any replays since .. I'm too scared to :P).

MULTI-PLAYER REPLAYS -

Since I can't remember when (sorry, though it is definitely in V5) I have been experiencing a critical issue when playing Multi-Player replays. Basically, when I attempt to view a replay the
game will freeze (no movement on the screen, sound loop). This happens sporadically, and typically when I change the view or cycle through drivers.

I can't exit to my desktop at all despite pressing the Windows key and CTRL, ALT + DEL. Also, I
generally see significant stutter and hear sound looping even when the game does not freeze. At the moment I am unable to view more than about a minute of this replay before I have to restart my laptop: http://mondaynightracing.com/s ... 007/f8f/r10/f8f-r10-3.mpr (this one was saved by another player).

SINGLE-PLAYER REPLAYS -

I downloaded Bugle's WR lap at SO Long Rev in the FO8 and got about half way into it when the screen froze then became completely blue. Upon restarting my computer I was informed that a Windows system file was either corrupt or missing. Had to use my recovery CD to get back into Windows.

I'm not sure if this is a patch V5 thing or just my laptop. I had been downloading and installing various files from lfs-database. Could be a coincidence, but I thought it would be worthwhile reporting this just in case it isn't.

ANOTHER ISSUE I JUST REMEMBERED -

Again since I can't remember when, possibly the V patches, the game sometimes goes to a black screen and freezes when, in windowed mode, I hit pause then SHIFT+4 (to get into full screen mode).
I couldn't run LFS V5. As soon as I try to enter a replay or to enter a track LFS hangs.
I get no error message, it just freezes. Seems to me that Windows is still running, but I can't alt-tab back to the desktop or enter the task manager. I didn't try it in windowed mode yet.

Specs:
Intel Core 2 DUO E6600
1024 RAM (Kingston)
Ati Radeon 1650 Pro (driver version:8.33.0.0)
PATA Maxtor HD 120 GB
OnBoard Sound

P.S.: I'm gonna try later today if I can run it on my machine (this is actually my girlfriend's machine) which is a single core AMD.

P.P.S.: Works fine on my machine
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
1024 RAM
NVIDIA 7600 GT (Driver version: 6.14.10.9371)
PATA Maxtor 160GB + PATA MAXTOR 20GB) (Driver Version: 5.10.2600.446 NVIDIA NForce3)
Soundblaster X-FI Elite Pro
I'm having freezes that occur not very often and last only 1-2 seconds.
While the game is frozen the car still drives (in single player too) but theres no reaction to controler inputs (I think). Sometimes the sound loops, sometimes theres no sound. First recognized with some V-Test-Patch (don't know which becouse I played only some minutes on the patches before V5)

1) P4 3GHz @ 3.4GHz (temperatures are quite good -> under 60°C, with original boxed cooler it where 80°C without overclocking and System was stable)
2) GF6800GT
3) chipset I always have the newest installed (I have 865PE and ICH4)
Forceware is version 96.89 (inofficial)
OS is XP Pro
I have V5 and V versions on my laptop, using V at the moment.
Yesterday downloaded a spr file and opened in the V5 version, it was in window mode already and the replay got freezed, although i still could hear the sound "dragging".
I can switch between other windows ok.
I'm playing in a:

intel M Processor 740
15.4" WXGA TFT LCD
Ati Mobility Radeon X700
1GB DDR2
80 GB HDD
This thread is closed

(21 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG