Qualifying: 18.15 GMT/UTC

SEASON STARTS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
All Races will be about 80min. in length:
28.05.2007 - Race 1: KYOTO -130°
Kyoto Oval Reverse, Race-Length: 130 laps, Flying Start, No Reset,

11.06.2007 - Race 2: SPECIAL K 130°
Kyoto Oval, Special K-Layout, (Oval with a chicane), Race-Length: 130 laps, Flying Start, No Reset,

25.06.2007 - Race 3: SPEEDWAY 150°
Autocross Carpark, Speedway Layout, Race-Length: 150 laps, Flying Start, Arcade-Reset in Infield-Area, only top 15 qualify for the race

16.07.2007 - Race 4: ASTON 75°
Aston Club, Race-Length: 75 laps, Flying Start, No Reset,

23.07.2007 - Race 5: KNOCKOUT 3.6°
Autocross Dragstrip, 3.6 Lap-Layout, Race-Length: Tournament, Drag Start, No Reset, NO Sprint Race,

30.07.2007 - Race 6: Kyoto +130°
Kyoto Oval, Race-Length: 130 laps, Flying Start, No Reset,

20.08.2007 - Race 7: PANCAKE 250°
Autocross Carpark, Sprint Layout (17sec./lap), Race-Length: 250 laps, Flying Start, Arcade-Reset in Infield-Area, only top 15 qualify for the race, if we have more then 25 qualifiers we might have 2 servers.

03.09.2007 - Race 8: HAIRPIN 110°
Kyoto Oval, Hairpin-Layout, Race-Length: 110 laps, Flying Start, No Reset,

17.09.2007 - Race 9: HIGHERLANE 120° (this one still needs some testing)
Kyoto Oval or Kyoto Oval Reverse, Higherlane-Layout, (Oval on the higher 3 lanes only), Race-Length: 120 laps, Flying Start, No Reset,

1.10.2007 - Race 10: Kyoto 360°
Kyoto Oval, Race-Length: 190 laps (360 miles), Flying Start, No Reset,

You can see the Schedule also on the www.lfscar.com website.

one more addition: YOU DON'T HAVE TO START IN ALL OF THE RACES.
sweet is there anyway I can practice the layout on the dragstrip?
the layouts will be available when the new website is finished.

but i can setup the dragstrip layout maybe tonight on the event server so you can download it ...
FE Club will be nowhere near to small, Fischfix. SimFIA DTM has driven there for various seasons in the FXR and FWIH they don't have any problems. There will be some traffic, but that's part of why IMO it's better to use shorter tracks in LFS than would be used in real life.

Westhill would be a good out and out road course.

The layouts can be spared IMO - the UK Pickup Truck Racing championship runs half its rounds on the same oval (Rockingham). Interestingly they could not run there for the first few years. The cockpit was on the right of the cars, like British road cars. This would mean, for the driver to be on the inside (which is needed for safety on ovals), that the oval is raced clockwise. Rockingham were too silly to make their oval licenced/able to run in both directions, so they had to race on a mickey mouse thing which basically diverts them on to the infield for a little bit. I'm not sure, but it might have been on the Historic Link Road circuit. http://theracingline.net/racin ... gland/RockinghamLink.html
duke_toaster, i will have some practice session with the new layouts. if they don't work (i think the pancake120 might be a problem) i will substitute them with oval and oval reverse.
I would gladly setup a server with all the layouts to practise with.
Please do. I can't wait to thrash an XRR around these tracks.
ok i will try to sort most of the stuff out during this weekend. and i will upload all the layouts for testing purpose. i think the pancake 120 will be very difficult because its pretty narrow but we will see after testing. The highlane track is narrow too but its broader then the Hairpintrack which worked pretty good in season 1 (besides some harakiri action by some of the drivers)
Keep the layouts apart from the pancake one, its just too narrow. Also my vote goes to FE club
i made some changes to the tracks

as we can have resets in the "pits" on the autoX layouts we will have two races on autoX the normal speedway and a speedway-sprint layout with 18sec./lap. and only one race per raceday. i think this is gonna work out

i am still undecided about Fern Bay though...

i will try to figure out the dates this week. as far as i can say. all races will be on monday.
Monday's? Oh, I hope not during the day. Otherwise i'll be at school, few other people may be at work too.
nope its in the evening, as i am working on mondays as well and as the whole event won't take longer then 2 hours i think this is possible to everyone. we used to have the races on monday in the first season and i think it was the best choice...
almost. like it is written in the rules section:

Single Qualification: starts at 18.15 UTC/GMT

(also keep in mind we are in summer time right now. so its 19.15 BST and 20.15 CEST)

and keep in mind that the races will be every second monday, not every monday. i am actually figure out the dates ...
Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please don't start til July

Will the 3.6 knockout event be first?
undecided yet. i thought it is a good event for the beginning so everyone get to know each other but personally i want to start with the reverse oval
we did some practice for the first event today. looks like Oval Reverse is kind of a bitch with these cars. so practice the line first, then practice drafting. its pretty difficult.
nice selection of tracks
I agree, the reverse track really is hard to get used to. I am just about used to the feel of the track on my own, but have no idea how well I will do withother cars on the track aswell.
Quote from byrney2004 :I agree, the reverse track really is hard to get used to. I am just about used to the feel of the track on my own, but have no idea how well I will do withother cars on the track aswell.

yep quite strange going in reverse,i have a server up for practicing if anyone want's to come join your more than welcome,

servername:[HR] Halfords Racing ,might sometimes be found in empty
i think i will upload all the layouts for the season during this week. however i still have problems with the higherlane event. but thats event 9 so there might be a change with that track after testing it.
one method i think is kind of good to practice overtaking on oval reverse is using the AI.

they drive pretty egoistic but on a very good line (you will see that they can reach your times after about 30 to 40 laps on the oval with your setup). (just fill them up with fuel and let them race 50 laps race)
then you can practice overtaking blocking cars. they won't move out of the ideal line, so you can practice where to get draft and where the best spots to overtake are. you won't be able to practice the best spots where to give room though.

i think the most time lies in the exit of T1 (T3 on the normal oval). best spots to overtake with a drafting partner is probably T2. i also think the kink on the finish straight (some call it T4) is also different then on normal oval.
T3 (T1 on normal oval) is kind of wicked to overtake especially on the exit if you are the one who gives room. on the outside.
hi guys,

because of 2 issues we will have to change two dates in the racing schedule:

09.07.2007 - Race 4: ASTON 75°

will be at the 16.07.2007 because of some reasons i can't talk about

and the:
06.08.2007 - Race 6: Kyoto +130°

will be at the 30.07.2007 because of the LFS gathering in spain at the 6th of august, where lots of the guys in the series will be...

i hope this is okay for everyone.

so in short, we have 3 mondays in a row a race:
16.07.2007 Aston 75°
23.07.2007 3.6° Knockout
30.07.2007 Kyoto +130°
no prob with me
#25 - J.B.
Quote from Fischfix :hi guys,

because of 2 issues we will have to change two dates in the racing schedule:

09.07.2007 - Race 4: ASTON 75°

will be at the 16.06.2007 because of some reasons i can't talk about

and the:
06.08.2007 - Race 6: Kyoto +130°

will be at the 30.07.2007 because of the LFS gathering in spain at the 6th of august, where lots of the guys in the series will be...

i hope this is okay for everyone.

so in short, we have 3 mondays in a row a race:
16.07.2007 Aston 75°
23.07.2007 3.6° Knockout
30.07.2007 Kyoto +130°

Typo. And to avoid confusion you should also update the LFSCAR main site. I'm off to practice in the event server now. Maybe someone will join?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG