The online racing simulator
Don't Buy DX10 Cards from Nvidia
(11 posts, started )
Guess What? The DirectX 10 cards from Nvidia (8800 series) are acually slower than the top of the range DirectX 9 card (7950 GX2) and the're blody expensive because DirectX 10 games haven't came out yet
The 8800 GTS can be ~$700 AUD and the GTX can be ~$1000 AUD
where as the 7950 GX2 can be ~$770 AUD

Please wait for the prices to drop
or wait for another
so? where's the prove?
#3 - pik_d
read this review:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2870&p=1

The 7950 GX2 only beats the 8800 GTX by any noticeable margin in F.E.A.R, in most other games the 8800 GTX clearly beats the older card. Also it should be noted that the 8-series drivers haven't really matured, so there may be even more performance out of them yet.

Price may be an issue, and unless you HAVE to have a card now, it's always better to wait, as prices will only go down. And of course it may be wise to see if ATI's offerings can best Nvidia's.
#4 - Jakg
Quote from ethan520 :Guess What? The DirectX 10 cards from Nvidia (8800 series) are acually slower than the top of the range DirectX 9 card (7950 GX2) and the're blody expensive because DirectX 10 games haven't came out yet
The 8800 GTS can be ~$700 AUD and the GTX can be ~$1000 AUD
where as the 7950 GX2 can be ~$770 AUD

Please wait for the prices to drop
or wait for another

erm, the 8800GTS produces less heat than the 7950GX2, and is faster. And it's DX10, too

Also, the fastest DX9 cards were X1950XTX's in Crossfire.

Check your facts first
Im sure he checked his Readers Digest
Assuming it's a 12V supply, 400W means the fan is drawing 33A, which is just silly. I doubt any computer fan ever drew 33A... So think before hitting the keyboard.
Quote from tristancliffe :Assuming it's a 12V supply, 400W means the fan is drawing 33A, which is just silly. I doubt any computer fan ever drew 33A... So think before hitting the keyboard.

Perhaps he's thinking that to run that setup you need a 400W PSU (?)

Otherwise, it brings a new meaning to being blown away by your PC
#9 - Bean0
#10 - Jakg
Quote from ethan520 :Jakq:the GTS uses a fan that uses a massive 400W so that should prove it
Are you sure? http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33976
S14 DRIFT:Read PC User

no, for a GTS your recommended a 400w PSU, and although it alone doesn't use 400w, your PC needs something to run on!

The Fan alone in NO way uses 400w, its the graphics card - i REALLY think you ought to provide proof :P

And i must confess i dont know much about the quickest of the old DX9 tech, but i said that an X1950XTX in Crossfire was quicker than a 7950GX2, your link doesn't show those cards. I discount quad sli, because tbh it sucks
Wathever just FORGET about this discussion because nvidia will realease really soon many others 8 series cards and they will be really kickass and cheaper than you think, 7600GT's etc are close to become just a POS gfx, DX10 is here...

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG