The online racing simulator
Price for s3?
(26 posts, started )
Price for s3?
if you pay 12 pounds for s1 and 12 pounds for s2 which totals 24 pounds, is s3 going to cost new users 36 pounds?! Thats 82 dollars canadian! That is a lot of money for a game. I know s2 users will have to pay 12 pounds which isnt bad for the upgrade, but if demo users will have to pay 36 pounds, i think it will scare a lot of potential demo-to-s3 users off.
It's not our concern - if the LFS team decide that it's too expensive or not, that's their call.

Plus S3 is a long way off. Don't worry.
-
(Bosse) DELETED by Bosse
its... 12 pounds for S1, 12 pounds for S2, and 12 pounds for S3

add it up, and yes its 36 pounds

and no that really isn't that much money

plus, you dont have to buy S3 from the go, you can buy them in steps, so once you get your paycheck you can get the next level and go on

currently, 36 pounds costs 70$ US... meaning, its only $10 more than Xbox360 and PS3 games, and $20 more than PS2 games and Xbox games

its not.. that much tbh
#4 - joen
Then so be it. There's been lots of talk about LFS price lately, and most dedicated users feel LFS gives great value for money. There will always be higher prices for people because of the currency conversion but that's just the way it is, nothing anybody can do about it.
It all comes down to how much LFS is worth to you. To me, they could charge double and I would still pay it.

Check the prices that are being charged for flight simulators, and you will see that they cost as least as much. And comparing LFS to flight simulators is more sensible than comparing it to say, NFS.

Value for money is what it's all about, not the actual price. And as far as value for money is concerned, LFS is as cheap as it gets. If some people aren't prepared to pay the price, then that's their decision, then they weren't meant to play LFS. And yes, I know the price is harder to take in some countries, but again that's the way it is.
Is it really expensive? I mean, compare it to decent flight sims? Also, you can get YEARS of fun out of LFS, rather than months as with any other game.
It's €52.9967831. Most new games cost around €60 here. It's still cheaper
#7 - evans
Quote from Bosse :Umm, £36 is lower than most other games (atleast here in Sweden)?

Depends on the platform and the actual content and hype of the game.

Anyhoo, S3 is not going to be released tomorrow, so you'll have plenty of time to save your money.

I think most people here, like me, has been with LFS from either S1 or the beginning of S2, which means that we'll be happy to throw in £12 for more content and even better physics. I don't see LFS as one whole game, because I have paid twice for new content, and both times the amount was quite small, but the update itself was huge.

On the other hand though, £36 might be a lot if you're completely new to the game.
It is lower then new games in England too, most are £40 when first ever released!
Think about all the times you have gone and brought a game for £30-40 and played with it for a few weeks/months, then it gets put in a box for a long time! Until you next see it and decide, il play with it for a bit! Not much value for money as most games soon become boring, now how many times has that happened to you with LFS?

Most people do not get very bored with LFS, they might not play for a week when busy but soon come back to it. It varies so much online, best racing game around and is worth £36, heck its worth £72! Even £100+ to me
you could always just go get a real car.

hmm, like the Fz5? get a 911.

LFS seems cheap now, dont it.
Quote from v4forlife :you could always just go get a real car.

hmm, like the Fz5? get a 911.

LFS seems cheap now, dont it.

Shame I cant get into the FZ5 in the real world I try but my screen seems to stop me
#11 - joen
Quote from jamesrowe :Shame I cant get into the FZ5 in the real world I try but my screen seems to stop me

You need to download the CMX Matrix exporter, search for it in the unofficial addons section.
I'm guessing the upgrade from S2 to S3 will be £12, same as S1 to S2. £12 seems perfectly reasonable to me.
tea seems reasonable by the way games are getting more exspensive theyll belike 36 pounds by the time S3 comes out
Quote from funnybone2 :tea seems reasonable by the way games are getting more exspensive theyll belike 36 pounds by the time S3 comes out

Hope you move your ass and by S3 when it cames out, since you got S2 freely
The problem is in the thinking of these "stages". Think of it this way...

LFS is roughly $24 US (just using a simple 2:1 exchange). That gets you S1, which has every feature of S2 and, in the future, S3. What S2 and S3 get you is content, much like an expansion pack. Each expansion pack costs you and additional $24 US. If you look at it this way, LFS is very cheap.

The other way to look at it is, from a console gaming aspect. Console games generally cost you $60 US. So, currently we have S2 at $48 US, pretty cheap, especially since you are getting so much more than you get from a console game. S3 is quite a long way off, and will cost $72 (still using general 2:1 exchange). But, in 2 years or however long S3 takes, how much will console games be then? $70? $80?

No matter how you look at it, S3 is a long way off. There isn't any point in talking cost because inflation and exchange rates will be vastly different than they are now. The only thing we have is that S3 will cost precisely £12 from an S2 upgrade. That is already set. There is no inflation tacked on to it. In reality, since it is based in UK monetary cost, S3 will actually be cheaper than S2 or S1 was because of inflation.

"The Sims" was quite a popular game for a while. Did people complain when they wanted to buy "The Sims", but found out how much cooler it was to play when you had "The Sims: Vacation", "The Sims: Hot Date", "The Sims: Breaking out", and all the other expansion packs you could get? You still had to buy each one individually. You didn't just buy the latest pack that came out and recieve all the previous packs and the original game.
Quote from stevewhite :is s3 going to cost new users 36 pounds?! Thats 82 dollars canadian! That is a lot of money for a game.

If you go into HMV or Game then most new PC games retail at between £30 & £35

So I wouldn't say its expensive for the amazing game play and the fact you can race online with no subscription (unlike Xbox live).

Sorry I don't agree!
DejaVu...
I have seen threads like this before...
use search button please
While the subject mater may have been discussed before, and to some extent the issue therefore a little frustrating, the issue I have with it it that someone could possible thing that LFS is not worth the small amount that we pay for it.

If someone can not pay for the game at this price, what the heck are they shelling out their money on. Are they as miserable with all their other spending/ outlays or what?

But maybe that’s just way of thinking
i think the devs will think of a other system because other wise it will we a big step for the new drivers.

that mean that the may be make it cheaper for the new drivers!

that you only need to buy s2 and s3 or only s3 because the make that version a bit more expensive.

nobody know!

reintjan
Quote from Whitmore : If I were the devs, when S3 came out I'd sell it for £24 and S2 for £12.

sounds nice but would suck for ppl that have already bought S2 as they'd pay £12 more that way.

when thinking about it again, LFS has got to be one of the cheapest high quality games on the market.

for a "normal" game/sim u would pay the full price (depends always how much new games are in ur country) which surely would be A LOT more than LFS.
Why does this always come up?

People seem to look past companies like SimBin and EA. These companies all charge top price marks, around £30-35 for a game that IMO isn't even up to the standard of LFS S1. Then they will release a second version which is the same game with a bit more bling...

£36 is dirt cheap for the amount of years of work and effort it will have taken to reach that stage. Quality usually costs more. Just think most people are happy to give SimBin and EA £35 every 6 months for the same thing.
What's so scary about £24 or even £36? Just think, you spend a lot more money on stuff like useless kind of shopping, or a trip to a restaurant, and people usually earn enough just to buy :lfs: without any saving.
LFS is much better than alot of other games, but crap games sell much more expensive than LFS even at 36 pounds UK (S3). The advantage is that if ur country's currency is high, such as Australia right now, A$0.80/US$1, it is realatively cheaper to buy, so you can only hope the economy grows so LFS becomes cheaper in ur currency
I don't understand this ongoing obsession with "LFS is too expensive!". I mean, how much money do people spend on other things that are also just for fun, like going out to drink a beer or to have a dinner in a nice restaurant? If I would compare that with the amount of fun LFS already provided to me, I think that those 24 pounds was a steal of a decade! Yes, I also bought GTL for 20 Euros, and I played it for a week, and that was that. So, yes, it was less than LFS S2, but it costed me at least 2 Euros per day I played GTL . So was it really cheaper then?
I can only say, that if the devs will decide, that before S3, there will be S2.1 for another 12 pounds, I will not hesitate for one second to pay for it because I know it is well worth the money.
The price in GBP is fine I think, the problem is when GBP prices are converted to other, weaker currencies* and suddenly LFS becomes a lot more expensive for some overseas racers.

* Excluding the USA. I'll admit your currency is garbage but it's offset by your complete lack of reasonable taxation, giving you plenty of spare dollars to throw at foreign computer games with inflated prices.

Price for s3?
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG