The online racing simulator
#1 - Misko
LFS on Belgrade International Motor Show
http://www.sajam.co.yu/sajam_e ... mp;sajam=salon_automobila

Belgrade International Motor Show opened yesterday and will run for next 10 days. AutoPlus, TV Channel where we have live LFS races every Sunday for past 3 months, have set up their studio in Hall 1, broadcasting live from there many times during the day, and on their stand we set up 3 PCs with LFS competition for visitors and AutoPlus prominent guests. Blackwood GP, XF GTI, few mins practice and 3 laps race with RACE_S setup and best race times can bring fastest visitors some nice prizes from sponsors. 3rd PC gathers the results, writes tables etc, everything's been going well, and even if the stand is a bit away from the main crowd we still got quite a lot of people try out that LFS they saw on TV, and explained to a lot of noobs whats this all about and how to drive, and where to get it.

Some piccies from our stand (maybe the oldest guy to try LFS?)
http://galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu/~mak ... fs/sajam2007/Image001.jpg
http://galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu/~mak ... fs/sajam2007/Image002.jpg
http://galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu/~mak ... fs/sajam2007/Image004.jpg
http://galeb.etf.bg.ac.yu/~mak ... fs/sajam2007/Image005.jpg

Quite a bit of sim racing is present throughout the show this year. Logitech brought 3 G25s with Playseats, 2 of them on Playstation 3 with some F1 arcade game, and 3rd is a PC where they tried to run GTR2. Funniest thing is that they got so much trouble with GTR2 they called us and asked to install LFS instead, and so we did and also properly set up G25 with shifter and everything, even with our sponsored skins and track ads (Logitech is one of them so I guess its ok). So there we go, people can try LFS (demo) in 2 places in the show, and with a great wheel too.

Chevrolet brought WTCC race car of Rob Huff, equipped with BRD FF wheel and pedals integrated in the car, where you can sit inside and drive two laps of Zandwoort (with all the helps on ). Guy from Virtual-Games, Nuno Espadinha, is the host there and he said they couldn't even run RACE because of the Steam protection (to even run you need Internet!) so they had to convert the car to GTR2 and are using that instead. I honestly expected bit more, both wheel and pedals had huge deadzones and paddles had to be disabled because of some screws, but nevertheless it is cool to sit in tight bucketseat and have trouble to get out of the racecar.

I'll get you updated with more pics and movies in next days...

Oh btw, thanks to DoN for the posters, and to TeazR for making us the skins on a short notice.
Funny story with the GTR2 i am going there tommorow hopefully..
This is one of the biggest auto shows in this part of the Europe, so it's a great place to show of LFS, because there is a lot of car enthusiasts like that cool grandpa on the photo
LFS is starting to be popular everywhere

Damn that man is OLD
(penzioner?)
Great! :up:
looks damn cold, everyone is driving with jackets on great stuff, guys!
Very nice, guys... we had lots of good laps (better than 2 minutes per lap )
Quote from Vykos69 :looks damn cold, everyone is driving with jackets on

LoL, it's not so cold... you can't blame Santa...

GO GO GO LFS!!!
Wow! Live For Speed ftw!
#10 - joen
hehe, Go Santa!

Great promotion for LFS guys
Super work guys!

Nice one!!!
Very good Job Milos
Love ya my gayfriend
Great! That Santa is so cool!
good job m8.. Very interesting..
That's cool !
#17 - Davo

"Damn noobs wrecked me on turn 1!!"

Awesome stuff guys.
hehe, LFS FOREVER!
I thought it would be funny to take that pictures. Thanks to marecare for the camera.

LFS Rulez!!!
Awesome!
What you need is a "Beat the Alien" contest.

1. Put an Alien in the racing seat with his own set-up and have him do 10 laps.
2. Record best lap, and set it as the time to beat.
3. Challenge people to try and beat the time for $5,- (ish)
4. Give them a nice incentive prize, such as a $250.000 car, or a $20m company.
4. Profit!
5. Donate the money to something LFS related
Hmm thats actually interesting idea because lots of people first ask us "how much for having a go?". And of course its free.

Today was naturally quite bit more crowded than yesterday, and tomorrow I'd expect even more being the Sunday. We didn't stop for 6 hours, and there was always someone waiting in line. I think we were live on TV 2 or 3 times today with car import company bosses having their races (Subaru beat Renault in the final corner), as well as visitors races. I forgot to take pictures to upload, there were some interesting characters today as well. It was interesting to watch very young kids, age 8-9, their reactions to slides were really quick and good, while majority of the people were always late to correct and kept going left and right until they crash or slow a lot. BTW, current best lap time is 1:39.22 set by young kart racer Petar Janjić.

Logitech is still running LFS with G25 (not going back to GTR2), only they took out the H shifter as kids were kinda abusing it.
RACE_S setup Sounds awesome though!
Quote from NotAnIllusion :RACE_S setup

Well, if anyone has a "noob friendly", believable and not too slow setup feel free to share. RACE_S can be unstable under braking if people don't keep it fairly straight, but its quite nice and convincigly understeery under power. Fast setups with locked diff are not really good for this purpose. RACE_S is also nice as everyone has it and can practice at home. Its really not bad I think, but if you have something better we'd be happy to try.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG