The online racing simulator
Clone LFS 2 LCD's
(4 posts, started )
Clone LFS 2 LCD's
I have 2 indentical LCD's ,1 on race frame, 1 on desk. Would like to have LFS display on both screens. Using ATI Tray Tools there is an option to clone in Display/settings , but on LCD 1(dvi) I cant select the clone option and on lcd 2 (rgb)the options are greyed out.Can this be done? Doesn't seem worth purchasing ultramon just for this function as the second LCD is fixed to the race frame
wow 5 days no response... Well it can be done, Search. Bob smith explains how to do it with ati catylst control center. I have 2 17inch nec lcd's, and had them set up as one, and i got to say playing lfs really sucks with just 2 screens imo. You have a bar in the center of the screen, and it really interferes with your driving. What you have to do the achieve this effect, with ati (i have nvidia) is using catylst, "stretch" and not "extend".
http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ;highlight=display+extend
i dont think it is worth doing. I have done it, but the sides of the monitors make it too awkward to use. Three monitors is the way to go. I might get another... if i didnt think it would overwhelm my desk. There is a program that will let you use three monitors without the triplehead2go if you have 2 videocards. if only someone could make one for 2 monitors that changes the centre of the screen to be the pillar in the window.
Cloning not Stretching
Thanks for taking the time to reply mate

But I actually want to clone the monitors.
i.e have the exact same picture on both monitors, an identical copy on each screen.As i have the LCD's in different physical locations , not next to each other on my desk

I have tried stretching the desktop across the two screen , but as you say , the bar down the middle is annoying.
Three monitors is the way to go , but not on my AGP system (Ageing Graphics Port)

P.S. Both LCD's are connected to the same graphics card
with nvidia u can set the duals to clone, but i guess u have ATI otherwise u woulda seen that?
edit: didnt even read ure post my bad i see u do have ati not sure sorry

Clone LFS 2 LCD's
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG