The online racing simulator
Using Joystick
(6 posts, started )
Using Joystick
Hi all,

I have a Thrust Master joystick which works very well on LFS. It has 8 buttons, a separate throttle handle, etc.

Is there a way I can map the LFS controls to use the throttle handle on the stick rather than pushing the stick forward? I tried the help files, etc with no success.

Thanks in advance,

Jim
I've found that the switch you're talking about (commonly used for engine power in flight simulators) cannot be programmed for anything in LFS, as the game doesn't recognize the axis that the switch uses. Hope that helps.
That's what I thought.

Thanks for your help.
LFS may sense it. Just look at the axes screen and move it back and forth. If you see one of the bars move, then just bind that axis to the throttle. Make sure the throttle is set to be controlled by an axis and not a button.

I wouldn't recommend it though, it's very hard to react quickly with such an arrangement.
#5 - Davo
LFS defaintely should see it as a slider if not an axis. I also wouldn't recommend using it because it's simply much too cumbersome. You need some thing that reacts quickly like Forbin saaid and in it's natural state will return to 0.
In my Demo time I also used a joystick. I placed the throttle and the brake on fire buttons. But that isnt the best solution.

Get yourself a wheel.

Using Joystick
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG