The online racing simulator
How can i make my own skin for a car?
How can i make my own skin for a car?

Cheers
John
thanks, do you know where i could download the software they recommend to use?
i downloaded the 3d image that you paint on but i cant open it because it says i dont have the software???
thanks, will they be able to open the document with the pictures that i paint on? and oh i never new the gimp could do it, i deleted it off my computer a couple of days ago!
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :thanks, will they be able to open the document with the pictures that i paint on? and oh i never new the gimp could do it, i deleted it off my computer a couple of days ago!

The skin files of LFS are simple JPEG files, like many pictures on the internet (Even Microsoft paint handels JPEG files but to be honest it is crap for making skins)
To make the skins you simply edit the jpeg file in anyway you like, adding colour, lines, sponsors etc then save it as a jpeg again and then use it in game.
ok thanks mate! great help cheers!
Be sure to leave the prefix intact in the skin name. It dictates which car the skin is for. (RAC_skinname.jpg is for the RaceAbout, BF1_skinname.jpg is for the BMW Sauber F1, etc)

That's all you really need to know. MSz has some more help (techniques, wireframe templates, etc) but you need to play with your chosen program to really learn a lot. There's only so much words on the internet can teach
Oh Ok thanks, well i ahve downloaded framwork 2.0 but i cant find it on my computer but i know its there because when i go to Add or Remover Programs on control pannel it is there! Any help? thanks
guess you all dont know then, well thanks for the help!
Not so much a case of not knowing, more a case of not wanting to hold someone's hand through every step of using a computer. Use Windows Explorer to create a shortcut to the Framework executable.

Whatever you use, you need to go through the program's beginners tutorials so you know how to use it before starting on a skin Everything you need to know can be found here or on the Master Skinners site, its just sitting there waiting to be read
but i cant find the Framworks so i cant open it?
So just uninstall it then reinstall it, paying attention to the path it chooses
right ok yea i thought of that but it took me ages to download oh well its worth a try! thanks
if im not mistaken, framework is a Microsoft programming module of some sort, or something, not a graphic editing program. Maybe you were thinking of 'fireworks' as an editing software?
nope, its paint.NET i have sorry! its working now thanks all
#19 - Gunn
Quote from johnfromsunnymull :i downloaded the XFG template but it wont open on Paint.NET! any help?

Thanks

The best help you can get is too read the instructions and tutorials. So far it seems that you haven't done either of these things.
no i havent, i will do tommorow am away now!
I coulda sworn I read somewhere that Paint.NET doesn't open PSD files. Anyone who knows better have input?
If using a multi-layer file like the PSD templates you need a serious graphics program :rolleyes:

Like the Gimp etc, as listed above ...
right ok thanks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG