The online racing simulator
Skin request: Volvo C30 theme
(18 posts, started )
Skin request: Volvo C30 theme [LX6]

This one shouldn't be too hard to do. Basically I would like a skin with the simple paint scheme of the above Volvo C30. Just a simple cream/pearl white body with the brown bodykit/skirt. Details aren't terribly important, it's mostly the white/brown theme that I'm looking for.

In a perfect world I'd love for it to be made for as many of the following cars as possible (mainly LX6, RAC, FZ5, XFR, XFG, RB4, UFR, UF1, in that order of preference), but I'd settle for just an LX6 version (brown skirt including the wheel wells, small part of the nose cone area, and the actual body). Yeah, I know that it fits the XFR best, but I like the LX6 more

Thanks in advance for anyone who gives this a go.
Wouldn't work too good on the LX cars in my opinion, but it'd look better on something like the GTi and RB4.
Yeah I know... but I drive the LX6 the most, and I'm smitten with this car .

Of course, if somebody were to make it for the XFG/XFR, I'd be just as happy/grateful/ecstatic... heck, I'd probably drive them more
I`ll try a rough LX6 skin hack to see how it goes....
+1 for the XFG!
Meh.... a bit simple.

If it`s worth doing, let me know.

....updated.
Attached images
c30.jpg
Looks just fine to me... I'd personally tweak the shade of brown, but that's easy enough even enough for me.
Just give me some details of what you want exactly and I`ll try and sort it. Lighter brown? any particular decals, your name, or a maple leaf..... ?
Haha thanks, but the thing is, I can do that myself (if you don't mind )... I just couldn't figure out how to get the outline or whatnot to fit the body.

It'd be awesome if you could add some "fake contour" to the line between the brown and white though...something like this:

As for the lighter brown, I was thinking something like R117/G83/B36 or R130/G97/B53.
#10 - JTbo
Hmmm, instead of trying to make car look C30, wouldn't it give better effect to paint car like it would be ad of C30?
Well not for me, at least. I'm mostly after the unique white/brown paint scheme, which I don't really see on recent cars at all. The closest thing is the two-tone paintjobs that Lexus used to offer.
Updated the preview up there ^

Bit busy atm, so I`m just getting back to you as and when I can.

You sound like you know what you`re doing with gfx, this is quite a simple skin, how come you aren`t trying it yourself? If you just can`t work out where the lines of the car lie, then the Master Skinnerz kits - http://www.lfs-gear.com/kitz.html should be pretty handy.

Anyway... that one up there ^ any better?
It's purrfect. I can edit stuff, but I'm no good at making from scratch... I've already tried the kits as well, it just didn't come out any good

Either way, the way you have it now looks perfect...and with any luck I can add whatever accents to it, and maybe even translate it to the other cars.
You using photoshop? or something else?
Yep, mostly Photoshop.
It`s a long, long way from perfect man. It`s barely started, and very rough. If you want the .psd as it is, I`ll send it over to you, or if you don`t mind waiting a while, I`ll curve the curves, and fade the fades properly then send it over.
If you can send me what you've got now that'd be awesome. I want to see what I can do with a good base

PM or email me at jollyeskimoATgmailDOTcom
Certainly isn`t a good base, It`s very, very rough, but if you really want it, you`ll have a PM in the next couple of minutes.

Skin request: Volvo C30 theme
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG