The online racing simulator
Admin Slot
(10 posts, started )
#1 - HASTA
Admin Slot
This is very necessary. Me, my teammates and the other admins wait to long to to our own server everytime. This admin slot thing is in all big games now. Think about it please, thanks.
Definately :up:

A configurable amount of admin slots would be very handy; say 23 max users, with 2 reserved slots - 21 "normal" racers perhaps?
#3 - HASTA
Our server is demo.

At least 1 admin is slot will be very good for us. The demo servers must be for 12 people, 11+1, 1 is admin.

I don't play S2 but i bought it just for my respect to the devs. I am a BL1 GTI fan forever. This admin slot thing is very necessary for 11 people demo servers.
#4 - Phlos
OMG you drive GTI / BL1 only when you can drive FO8/FOX or GTR cars on awesome tracks :yikes:
#5 - Phlos
For your wish, the most important part is : how Scawen will be able to dev this for demo hosts ?!

In fact, this is easy to dev it for S1/S2 because you have a "driving license name" for each player...but not for demo How your server will recognize you ?

IP ? Not really, most people have random ip.
LFS Nickname ? Someone can use your to get admin access when you are not here...
#6 - ORION
The idea of an admin slot is that there will always be a free slot unless someone connects to the server using the correct admin pw. He is allowed to join then, the others not.
#7 - HASTA
Quote from ORION :The idea of an admin slot is that there will always be a free slot unless someone connects to the server using the correct admin pw. He is allowed to join then, the others not.

i was writing the same thing.

the important thing is admin password in demo like in s1 and s2.
#8 - HASTA
Is there noone else thinking about the same problem?
What problem? As far as I can see, there is no problem with doing this - technically...
The problem is waiting 15-20 minutes every time when you try connect to your own server.

Admin Slot
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG