The online racing simulator
Custom-build pedals problem (connected to momo black)
i have a full home-made racing sim (except the wheel)witch means h-shifter 6+1 gears with a handbreak and a pair of 3 pedals upside down just like in a real car. acceleration and break is connected to momo racing black wheel and the clutch to another wheel. the problem i have is with the gas and break. i am useing 10k pots just like in momo, wierd just like my momo original pedals. they work great, but its just one problem that is bugging me. there are 2 gaps at each pedal: 1 small gap at the begining of the pedal travel and a big one at the end. the pedal is traveling more then it shows on the screen. of course i ajusted the pedal travel mecanicly but after a recalibration the same thing is happening and its getting smaller and smaller...its just like a default deadzone. i tryed different pot positions (the pots i have travel is about 300degrees witch is long) if i set them to start at the begining, after a recalibration in windows its starting moveing at half of pedal travel, and at the end there is not enough movement in windows. so there is a portion that allows that full travel but implement the gaps too. i made a drawing to try and explain better. hope u can help me out, i dont know what to do anymore.

thx in advance
Attached images
pedals.JPG
#3 - P1lot
I think the pots in the MOMO Black are probably only using 90º of their rotation, you'll have a lot more resolution with 300º (if you solve this problem)

In Options > Controllers, have you locked the wheel callibration? Without the lock it will define new maximums and minimums regularly.
Maybe calibrate in LFS only.
If the calibration lock dosen't do it... maybe its the circuit-board

If you are using the momo PCB board (inside the wheel) the pedals are connected through it and IIRC logi uses some auto calibration feature, I believe if you restrict the pots travel down to somewhere near the standard , your prob will just go away.

SD.
well the problem ins't resolved but i'm kind of used to it now the pedals are conected through the momo's PCB board but i cant set the distance to be just like on the momo pedals...i tryed dxtweak and dxview but i couldnt tweak anything :P in lfs it is set to lock calibration but its a matter of windows and not lfs. i mean logitech momo thing...with that autocalibration...everytime i plugin the wheel or the adaptor it recalibrates. (so i have to push all axes from min to max. anyway thx all for the help, also the folks over rsc dint found a easy efective solution (btw i made a little movie over there to show the exact problem if u think it will be any help go check it out, thread name si the same).
#6 - Gunn
The Momo only properly recognises 10k Ohm resistance pots. I put 250K pots and 100k pots in one of my Momos and they still only used a fraction of the range as if the Momo can only handle 10k. I tried calibrating the pots properly but never could use their full range. I believe that only 10k pots can be used with this hardware because I gave up and installed 10k pots (not the default ones either) and all was well again.
Quote from Gunn :The Momo only properly recognises 10k Ohm resistance pots. I put 250K pots and 100k pots in one of my Momos and they still only used a fraction of the range as if the Momo can only handle 10k. I tried calibrating the pots properly but never could use their full range. I believe that only 10k pots can be used with this hardware because I gave up and installed 10k pots (not the default ones either) and all was well again.

well i mentioned in my 1st post that i use 10k pots. before i was useing 100K pots and yes the travel distance was way shorter ..i was only useing half of the pedals travel (on windows controller travel indicator). so 10k pots work best but in my case induce a preaty big deadzone
#8 - CSU1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG