The online racing simulator
#1 - apo3d
G25 profiler does not detect wheel after reboot
Hello guys, i've searched the forums but it seems i am the only one having this problem. This happened from the very first time i installed the g25...The wheel works very nice although i've got the 'usual' problems with the shifter sticking in 'lower' when in sequential and also hitting reverse instead of 6th because i'm used to rest my hand on the shifter, but that's not the issue here. Each time i reboot the logitech profiler states it cannot find any devices, and i should plug it in a power supply. I have to reinstall the profiler each time i reboot the computer. And yes, that's VERY annoying. If any of you knows how to help me on this one i'd really appreciate it. apo p.s.: computer specs are irrelevant i think, but what i should mention is OS: Windows XP Professional SP2.
I had a problem early on - my G25 wouldn't be detected correctly, but instead got recognized as a DFP, although I never had any DFP attached to my computer

Following the proper install instructions didn't help, and in the end I tried to install the software/driver while the wheel was plugged into the computer - didn't have any problem after that.

Maybe you should try that.

I should also mention that since then I've re-installed Windows and and the drivers etc, following the proper install procedure, and G25 have been working perfectly... odd, yes.
#3 - apo3d
Um, yes, i never tried installing it while plugged in, i always hope it will work when i power up the pc and then disconnect it and re-install the stuff.
I've installed the drivers and softwer by following the recommended procedure on a three or four days fresh install of windows (new pc, g25 arrived later than the other parts).
I'll try it and see what will happen. Thank you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG