The online racing simulator
#1 - 2kWS6
New to LFS....One question for ya
I've downloaded and ran the latest LFS demo, and am ready to purchase my S2 license, but I have one question.

I notice that the Demo is an 'Alpha' version. When I get the S2 unlock code, am I still running an 'Alpha' version, or do I need to download a 'release' version?

Seems a little weird to pay for a version that is not yet even reached 'Beta' status.

Just wondering...

Thanks.
Quote from 2kWS6 :I've downloaded and ran the latest LFS demo, and am ready to purchase my S2 license, but I have one question.

I notice that the Demo is an 'Alpha' version. When I get the S2 unlock code, am I still running an 'Alpha' version, or do I need to download a 'release' version?

Seems a little weird to pay for a version that is not yet even reached 'Beta' status.

Just wondering...

Thanks.

True it is odd but it is an alpha version and under constant development. As such the community plays a vital role in its development. But when you see the quality of it in terms of stability and playability you will wonder how some games ever got passed the alpha stage.
rest assured you will get in return far more content and stable gameplay than many full-priced retail games that profess to be 'finished'.
#4 - 2kWS6
Thank you both for the quick reply. Just wanted to make sure what I was getting !!! You don't get this old by being stupid !

Now if I can just figure out how to add my avatar..... duh !!
Quote from 2kWS6 :
Now if I can just figure out how to add my avatar..... duh !!

You can't. Until you have a Licence.
-
(Bosse) DELETED by Bosse : beaten :P
LFS is quite unique in how it interprets the alpha tag. It simply means that it is not yet feature complete, but unlike other games in their alpha phase, LFS right now is more bugfree and stable than most big commercial games in their release versions.

Furthermore your S2 license will never run out, so even if S3 is released, you will still get all the physics and most feature updates, just the new content (cars & tracks) will be locked away.
#7 - 2kWS6
Thank you again !! Me thinks me likes it here.... a LOT !!!

Ok, off to purchase the S2 license. Are there still problems with the registration server? I thought I read somewhere that people were having problems contacting the main server.

25 years ago, I raced Formula Vee's and Formula Ford's at the SCCA regional level.... It's time to have some 'virtual' racing fun again...

Thanks everyone..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG