The online racing simulator
Who's the best setup guru ?
(25 posts, started )
I know that not everyone who plays LFS reads the forum, so please feel free to mention names that aren't here.

Who's the best at making setups for LFS ?
A lot of people, like Danowat for example, seem to know a lot about setups, but then they mention that they aren't the best.
Then who is ?

I personally have over 100 setups experience, and had the WR for a while on BL1 with FOX until I stopped playing. In April, I plan on coming back and teaming up with a setup guru to make the fastest setup possible. In the past, I have had great fun working with Sizzle to make setups, I wish to repeat this process with someone else now.

That person must know LFS setups very well, more specifically FOX hotlap setups.
I'm still here

I just wish I had the time to build some sets with ya, or tweak some for myself...or just drive....been too busy to get online lately

Honestly, you should try and join a team with a setup guru. That way you can work on the setups with a group of people and not worry about your WR set being all over the place.

PS: if anyone thinks they are good at making setups....contact Killboy and work with him, if hes not fast with your set....your set is prob'ly worse than the default
me me me! well not.

there is no "best" like for all other things
there are quite a few who can make WR sets for some cars, but usually not all.
ex. PartyBoyU - XFG, UF1
BioHazard FOX
Biggie RB4, BF1

those are just examples, maybe take a look at www.setupfield.teaminferno.hu to look which driver has the most wrs with his own sets.
#4 - MR_B
Gentlefoot's always been good with the old setup business. I'm sure he'd be up for it!
Quote from MR_B :Gentlefoot's always been good with the old setup business. I'm sure he'd be up for it!

I must say Gentlefoot too... if I give him a combo, he fixes a set and I do new PB's... happens every time...
Yep, I would have to agree with that, Gentlefoot is very good.
Gentlefoot has to be one of the best setup gurus around. I gave him my XRT Fern Bay set a while ago and after a few minutes of adjusting it I did a pb on my first flying lap with it. He improves everything he is given. Top bloke.
#8 - 180sx
yup i had an ok set for xrt and after a few "gentle" tweaks, i had a few PB
s
Notice anything odd about those posts peeps? . They're all his R4R team mates!
Quote from Leprekaun :Notice anything odd about those posts peeps? . They're all his R4R team mates!

The most likely people to receive setup help from him?
biggie Flotch lefty Vince
biggie and Vince
From what I hear, the Gentle Footed one is a setup god!

Please send record breaking RB4 set for Sundays race to my inbox
Cool
Alright, so far we have

biggie
Flotch
lefty
biohazard
Vince
Kartracer (Sizzle)
gentlefoot

I know biggie has the most WRs, but does he make the sets himself, or does he just tweak them a bit?

Flotch, Biohazard, biggie
With these guys above, sometimes I wonder if they are really good at setups, or are they just really good racers.

I dont know Vince nor lefty.

Kartracer, its a shame you don't have time either, I would of liked to work with you.

Gentlefoot, seems awesome, but has only been vouched by teammates
Or has he, Gentlefoot seems to have a huge amount of fans. That must mean something.
[Edit] I found his thread here. That's cool, but it explains the huge support

I should set up a global vote :P
But then again, it would be biased.

You guys are right that no one can really the 'the best' setup artist (seems like an art sometimes), but I'd like to come close!

Is there anyone else that should be on this short list ?
I haven't seen a single world record that was driven with a set from that Gentlefoot guy. Who is he?
He is on thie forum since 2005 and I have never noticed him ... lol

[EDIT]
bigges does all the sets himself, it's really rare when he uses another one to start with.
same for Flotch.

I think I forgot Cedje Dervo aswell
But if some people dont even know vince or lefty, they will for suer not know cedje :rolleyes:
Quote from Leprekaun :Notice anything odd about those posts peeps? . They're all his R4R team mates!

have you read all the posts leppy! Indeed were all R4Rers but the fact is we have all benifited from his setup tweaking abilities
Quote from ORION :I haven't seen a single world record that was driven with a set from that Gentlefoot guy. Who is he?
He is on thie forum since 2005 and I have never noticed him ... lol

[EDIT]
bigges does all the sets himself, it's really rare when he uses another one to start with.
same for Flotch.

I think I forgot Cedje Dervo aswell
But if some people dont even know vince or lefty, they will for suer not know cedje :rolleyes:

Actually, I used to hold a WR with a Gentlefoot set. I'll admit that he did design it for Westhill and I broke the FOX record at KYGP Long with it, but I only made a couple of minor tweaks.
GentleFoot for sure, he Makes some awesome setups!
Yup, I can admit that I found this thread becouse of the other thread but I would never have seen this thread else...
And Yes, he get's my support but still...

He makes really good driveble setups and has done that before I got involved with R4R... I have driven other good setups, but never known where they come from...

/mike20002
I love the sets Gentlefoot comes up with as his sets are quick over race distance not the hotlpa sets I seem to find. If you want a good fast race distance set then throw it Gentlefoots way and he will get you going faster
Killboy, maybe you should try to learn how to make sets

Biggie and flotch weren't born already knowing how to setup an lfs race car xD
heh
I know how to make sets.
Hence the "I've already made over 100+ sets" comment

However, I'm not the best at making sets, and I'm looking for someone who is. I know there are people who are much better than me when it comes to creating sets, and I figure, if we're going to produce the best possible time, mind as well combine both an excellent set with a good driver, and a lot of dedication.

A team, 2 minds, works better. Its more fun too.

One guy might think of something that the other one has missed.
One guy might be better at making sets than another.
One guy might known suspension better, and the other might be more specialized in tire pressure.

Its a team effort. This is what I'm looking for.
i think biggie´s got the best setup-skills, at least of the currently active players.
but i think he isn´t the kinda guy who is working on a set together with somebody else.
I would say Biggie and Bio.
The germans is teh shiat in set making
Quote from killboy :Who's the best at making setups for LFS ?

I think Moby is the best... I dont really know why, but he is swedish

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG