The online racing simulator
Home Made LFS Cockpit
(16 posts, started )
Home Made LFS Cockpit
nice work, all i could do was try to figure out what stuff you so desperately wanna hide.
Nice.
yes very nice whats the total cost of all of that? how many man hours?
Nice, allthough it would feel at home in the hardware-forums :P
Quote from Gabkicks :yes very nice whats the total cost of all of that? how many man hours?

racing seat : 100€
aluminium frames : 50€
bolt/screw, etc : 25€
wood : spare stuff : 1.5€
wheels : 20€
total : ~200€ ( US$ 240 )

frexgp pedals : 500€
DFP logitech ffb : 150€
USB hub : 15€

Time to construct : 8hours.
Quote from felplacerad :nice work, all i could do was try to figure out what stuff you so desperately wanna hide.

the mess in my flat because i spend to much time doing homework construction
What's the cornering like on six wheels?
very stiff

more seriously , 1st version only had 4 wheels ( see pics ), and the chassis was bending when i was braking ( i set the brake very stiff on the FrexGp pedals ), now even with 6wheels, the chassis bend a little bit, but it is way better.
I think i'll have to fix 2 steel bars to stiffen that
Arent you afraid of falling backwards? The wheels at the back are pretty much under the seat instead of behind it.
the pedals + wheel weight more than the seat
Quote from MagicFr :the pedals + wheel weight more than the seat

Even with you sat in it?

Must admit, the same thought struck me. Looks like if you leant backwards you'd flat on your back in no time.
what racing seat was it that onlyt cost €100? where did u get it? url?
sinbad, i can lean backward the chassis dt move. Remember that the racing seat have more weight in middle ( steel's seat's chassis ).

niki No url, i bought it at french car's accesories. i bought the cheapest, brend is Ektor...

hmm.. fin and url : http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf ... +seat+various&cid=880

So myabe my shops sent it cheapest because they didnt manage to sell it to real racer
thanks for that magic. i am looking for a cheap seat for my own homemade project
i love the Frex pedals but they are very expensive.... i'll start saving now
Great work !

I wish I had space in home to do that.... But I have to use my wheel on that kind of "ready for pc" tables, with a tray for keyboard and mouse, and I have to install the wheel on the tray, with the wheel very close from my legs. And you can imagine what can happen if I'm not on proper position and do a snap counter-steering........... that hurts...

Also with the FFB the whole tray shakes, but it's the only way I can use it. My 19" crt don't let me to install the wheel on the part done for it.

Home Made LFS Cockpit
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG