The online racing simulator
Quote from mrodgers :It was a warm summer evening in the US in mid June. We had been racing the S2 demo release for quite some time. The idi team was everywhere. Everyone was tired of the wreckers in demo, yet no one wanted to move back to the S1 physics, graphics, and features to race on licensed servers. The newly reinstituted CRC was in full swing. Good racing was abundant from the CRC. Wreckers would enter and immediately get a vote ban. You didn't have to see it or know who they were. You knew who the voted in CRC members were and knew you could take their word. When a CRC member voted to ban/kick a wrecker, you knew you could blindly follow along with a "press 1" vote as the CRC members could be trusted.

A player is connecting
Scawen connected
Thunder: Hey look everyone, it's Scawen! LOL
JohnnyB: hehehe, great racing sim Scawen!

We raced a few races with "Scawen"

NightHawk: LOL, yea right, like it's really Scawen, look, I can change my name too...
Eric Bailey took over from NightHawk
Eric Bailey: hehehe, how ya doing Scawen buddy :-)
Scawen: Good eric, how are you?
Scawen: I was just popping in here to say that I'm releasing S2 tomorrow. Look for the announcement
Scawen disconnected

Do you still have the replay of this? I believe I was in that race as well!!!!!
Those were moments I can tell you... Wow, Scawen is on! ooah, no he isn't..
But the races were nice those days ;-)

greetz

der butz
#27 - JTbo
I have raced with him, it was tag race that Mr. Fordman arranged in S1 days, there is some video from it too he made

I think it is great to see them racing too, not always just working It would be great if they could come to server and race without everyone going crazy of course, but good that they have few other nicks too so they can race secretly with us
Karting aside, I've only ever been on a server with Vic.

Back to the karting, both of them were lapping me like I wasn't even racing.
yeah, the karting (and the whole day) was great

I raced Scawen in the lx4 ages ago back in S1 days and Victor on the autox server.
Quote from der butz :Do you still have the replay of this? I believe I was in that race as well!!!!!
Those were moments I can tell you... Wow, Scawen is on! ooah, no he isn't..
But the races were nice those days ;-)

greetz

der butz

Hmm, you know what? I just may have the replay. It would be from S2 demo 0.5L and the rough date I would know, so it would be easy to find. I still have 0.5L on the harddrive so I'll have to look. Just can't remember when I started saving replays...
I'm sure alot more of you have raced one or more of the devs. They can use any user- and ingame-name they want so the odd quiet racer in a server you've never seen before but didn't pay attention to could've been one of them.
If I were a developer, I would certainly go and check out the scene quietly in disguise as well.

The time I met one of them in a server was when Victor was testing the Ladder system back in S1.

Victor and me are both from Rotterdam, good chance we've met without me knowing it.
#32 - joen
Yes, I think they race under different names too. They're probably wreckers in disguise

I think it would be fun if there was like an annual race with the devs or something. Sort of the "Race of Champions" you have each year where drivers from all kinds of motorracing styles come together for a fun event. S2 users would have to qualify through an STCC like ladder system and the devs would have wildcards. And then make a nice video of it
Oh man, that AutoX was a lot of fun. I couldn't believe I got into top 100 though... I was so much slower then than I am now. I'm pretty sure I've still got that layout on my PC somewhere.
Quote from joen :Yes, I think they race under different names too. They're probably wreckers in disguise

I think it would be fun if there was like an annual race with the devs or something. Sort of the "Race of Champions" you have each year where drivers from all kinds of motorracing styles come together for a fun event. S2 users would have to qualify through an STCC like ladder system and the devs would have wildcards. And then make a nice video of it

For me the only real RoC was the Grand Canaries track, the rest are just a spin-off I've never (knowingly) driven with any of the devs, I don't really mind though. It'd just be a distraction..
The last online race I can find on Scawen is 24th april, against Victor. Seems like trying out the BF1, I guess they were trying to get under 1 minute Victor won every time though And the ones before that were back in 2005, so I guess maybe he has a second account for online racing? If he does.
flippy - I think the Scawen and Eric accounts are mainly for official business. Vic on the other hand seems to use his main account more often. I suspect all three still mainly use their other accounts (which they definately have) a lot more often. They wouldn't really be developers if they never used the game (online).
So SimBin developers can't be real developers? Would be logical, cause how on earth can they say it's real if they played it themselves?
Quote from joen :Yes, I think they race under different names too. They're probably wreckers in disguise

I knew it! I was very suspicious when I saw [idi]Scavven enter an S2 licensed server...
#39 - joen
Quote from mrodgers :I knew it! I was very suspicious when I saw [idi]Scavven enter an S2 licensed server...

Hmm...I once saw [iDi]VisCiousVic and [iDi]Err4ticEriC.. something smells fishy here!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG