The online racing simulator
LFS s1 unlock problem
(33 posts, started )
LFS s1 unlock problem
I went back in time and played LFS S1 and I like the cars very much but I can't seem to unlock the game or go online. the version is S1 H.
you can't go online because the main server's IP has changed, and i dont know how to change it [pre S1 there was a box for it] (maybe its somewhere in a cfg) nor do i know what it is

but either way.. i dont think there are any servers open on S1

edit -..well.. i can't find it in the cfg file, it might be hardcoded into lfs
is there any way to unlock S1?
not if you can't connect to the main server, thats how the license system works

i however have mine unlocked, because i did all that before the server changed so..

unless someone can figure out how to change the main server's IP in accordance with LFS.exe
what can I do? an unlocker? a cheat?
Quote from XCNuse :unless someone can figure out how to change the main server's IP in accordance with LFS.exe

Edit the HOSTS file? Not the most secure idea tho...
Quote from wheel4hummer :Edit the HOSTS file? Not the most secure idea tho...

I just would like the contest unlocked. it doesn'treally matter about the online bit. BTW if the master server's address is moved can't you change the address in the old one? good night all
lol thats what i'm trying to figure out, thats the only way to unlock it is to connect to the master server, if it can't connect, it wont unlock

@W4H; there is no hosts file, i think thats only an S2 thing
I tried changing IP of master server in lfs.exe (0.3H), and it doesn't work. Looks like new master rejects any older versions now. So I guess S1 is sort of abandonware already?

Though if you look here http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=downloadsarchive, it still says "LFS 0.3H Released October 2004 - A stable and full version of S1 - unlockable with at least an S1 license".
Guess the description is out of date then.
Quote from hackerx :I tried changing IP of master server in lfs.exe (0.3H), and it doesn't work. Looks like new master rejects any older versions now. So I guess S1 is sort of abandonware already?

Though if you look here http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=downloadsarchive, it still says "LFS 0.3H Released October 2004 - A stable and full version of S1 - unlockable with at least an S1 license".

thats the one i downloaded. I was hoping to compare S1 H to S2 Q and V
its a big difference
i supose no one has an unlocked copy and wants to send it to me
it still wouldn't work like that (i doubt)

it would be like sending S2 that is unlocked from one computer to another, you'd still have to unlock it on that computer you transfered it to
Yep, you're just out of luck Zachary Zoomy, unless you can find a mod that patches old version of LFS to point to the new server IP (which btw is not guaranteed to be fixed now, either), or mod it yourself.

The devs cannot be expected to support such ancient versions of their software.
darn. oh well. I'll keep it around so I can listen to the GT turbo!
yea gt turbo sounds goooood
Wait I just bought an s1 license because I didnt feel like spending 48 bucks for s1 and s2, and now you guys are saying that I cant play just s1?
you can play S1 I'm trying to unlock an older verson of LFS. before S2 came out (S1 H) you can still unlock the S1 content in LFS S2 Patch V
Oh, I cant seem to find the button to unlock it. On the faqs it only talks about s2 and it says there should be an unlock s2 button on the main screen. I dont see it.
you didnt buy s2
Quote from funnybone2 :you didnt buy s2

I bought S2. I think we need a mod to explain the unlocking to him
#23 - Gunn
Quote from ptrain :Oh, I cant seem to find the button to unlock it. On the faqs it only talks about s2 and it says there should be an unlock s2 button on the main screen. I dont see it.

Which version of LFS are you using currently?
S2 alpha 0.5v
zach is talking about S1 the version, not the license that you hold

there are two different things going around

the latest version right now is S2 0.5 V2
there are two licenses you can have, S1 and S2, each unlocks specific cars and tracks

the version zach is talking about is S1 H
S2 wasn't around at the time S1 H was released

LFS s1 unlock problem
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG