The online racing simulator
FO8 producing lift
(18 posts, started )
FO8 producing lift
Title says it all. In one of them you can make out the speed (in MPH).

EDIT: See post #13 for updated images.
I cant really make out what speed that is..it looks like 245 but im not sure..
I can't make out how high it is . Do a wide angle shot or one that isn't so close?
Yes, the pics confirm it is crashing.
Flying? - maybe.

hmm.. i tell you, something looks oddly familiar in the mirrors on the first shot if you know what i mean
Quote from Vendetta :I cant really make out what speed that is..it looks like 245 but im not sure..

It was clearly legible before I had to resize it to be posted. :P It reads 142 MPH.

Here's a wide angle shot that shows the altitude.
Attached images
FO8-floating4-scaled.png
Nice shot. Surely you can attach larger images than that though?
Nope, here's the message I get when I try to post an image that's compressed to be under the 2MB limit:

File Too Large. Limits are 620 x 280. Your file is 1024 x 768. :irked:

The replay is here if you want to see it:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showpo ... ?p=23759&postcount=17
620x280? Stupid limits.
?? I can attach big images ?? just tried 1024. It is probably because you attached a PNG... and Victor hasn't updated the maxsize for that filetype
Attached images
Ford F150 SVT Lightning Concept.jpg
here you go forb, watch this.. apparently you dont get any downforce when going backwards, (watch when i go back especially.. in forces view too, watch what happens as it turns around)
Attached files
jumpforces.spr - 15.9 KB - 388 views
Yeah, I originally started using .png because it seemed to have pretty much entirely lossless compression compared to .jpg in MS Paint. Now that I have GIMP 2 and the ability to change levels of compression in both formats, I guess I'll try again with .jpg.

Updated images posted below.
Attached images
FO8-floating.jpg
FO8-floating2.jpg
FO8-floating3.jpg
FO8-floating4.jpg
Hehe how did that happen!

You could always upload your images to imageshack or some other file hosting server..
i really dont get the point. Whot are u guys talking about ???
(must be my english, or i missed something)
Quote from SchneeFee :i really dont get the point. Whot are u guys talking about ???
(must be my english, or i missed something)

Since the wings are upside down when the car is inverted as you see in the pictures, the wings produce lift (like an airplane) rather than downforce. This results in the car appearing to pretty much float in the air. I also thought it made a good screenshot.
and how do u accelerate when the car is upside down
you dont, your slowing down

but then watch my replay .. while it produces no drag at all.. when the car aims in the correct direction, they will just act like aircraft wings and move the car about pushing it wherever the top is facing (once your going in the forward direction)
errr do you want to see how great of an effect the spoilers have, that last replay i posted didnt show all that much... watch this!

after i hit the ramps, watch how the car slams into the ground and sticks (even shattered the suspension look at that!)

2nd replay shows the spoilers affect on turning the car itself

3rd replay is a similar remake of forbins' original replay, except mine is awfully close to the ground, but it does hold itself and it does infact provide lift

4th is similar to 3rd, but its even closer to the ground, but here from the right angle you can see it go upwards
Attached files
forcestest1.spr - 10.2 KB - 422 views
forcestest2.spr - 7.6 KB - 440 views
forcestest3.spr - 8 KB - 393 views
forcestest4.spr - 8.9 KB - 404 views

FO8 producing lift
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG