The online racing simulator
Wheels required while other devices banned
I think wheels should be required to play LFS while other input devices should be banned such as the mouse, trackball, etc. This is an auto racing simulation after all and someone should program LFS to not allow the user to race with a mouse in MULTIPLAYER mode. *Flame suit on*
:rolleyes:
Partly agree
But then , I've used mouse myself too for 1 yr

*me runs out of thread*
Quote from Revzalot :*Flame suit on*

LOL Your going to need it

Seriously though it wouldnt be effective, even now windows cant tell the difference between a wheel and a gamepad so it would only be a matter of time before someone figured out a way to get a mouse to register as a wheel
yeah, i played lfs for a few months before i bought a driving force. then a year later got the driving force pro. so i have pity for the non wheel users.
Come on guys. Why did you buy LFS in the place? Because you wanted to experience the closest thing being into a race car right. Do you see race cars equiped with a mouse? No. 'nuff said.
#7 - kel64
Quote from Revzalot :Come on guys. Why did you buy LFS in the place? Because you wanted to experience the closest thing being into a race car right. Do you see race cars equiped with a mouse? No. 'nuff said.

Many people start playing the game before they own a wheel, as before they had no need. Certainly was the case for me.
Quote from Revzalot :Come on guys. Why did you buy LFS in the place? Because you wanted to experience the closest thing being into a race car right. Do you see race cars equiped with a mouse? No. 'nuff said.

Wrong. Some ppl just tried it with mouse/keyboard, and soon they got addicted. And after a few days, they bought a wheel.
I think a motion simulator should be required to play LFS. If you dont have a motion simulator, you shouldnt be allowed to play LFS.

This is an auto racing simulation after all and someone should program LFS to not allow the user to race without a motion simulator. *flame suit on*
yeah, and I don't want to see racers without their helmets anymore!
Quote from Hummer :yeah, and I don't want to see racers without their helmets anymore!

Yep, full race equipment will also be required.

That means, flame proof suit, flame proof gloves and shoes, and flame proof underwair. Race spec helmet, aswell as a neck brace.

If you dont have these, tough, you're not allowed to race, because its not realistic.
no sim socks no racing !!

seems a silly thread to me !

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :no sim socks no racing !!

seems a silly thread to me !

SD.

I have to agree
I have never played LFS with mouse or kb it must be horrible. But it would be really bad to ban those devices, remember that guy who plays LFS with his mouth? Would be terrible to ban someone bacause he/she cant use wheel.

You have lost for kber in a race havent you Revzalot?
believe me, wheels can be just as bad as KB! or should i say MOMO pedals! aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :irked::irked::irked::irked: shoddy logitech....never again.....
who cares what people use to race?

why nto just let people get on with the racing and make it as open to as many people as possible, that way scawen, eric and victor get more money.

or do you want them living on the streets
#17 - avih
mouse is as good (or better) than wheel on some cars. more accurate and more direct response. the only issue is digital gas/break. i've used mouse too when i 1st tried lfs. then, few months later i got a wheel.

bad racers should be banned. mouse and kb should stay imo.
Quote from mrbogeyman :believe me, wheels can be just as bad as KB! or should i say MOMO pedals! aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :irked::irked::irked::irked: shoddy logitech....never again.....

Fixed them with tape, have been working very smoothly since then...*knocks wood*
Maybe I was too overboard on my statement up top. I guess the question is does the server admin have the power to control all the driving aids such as disallow all the aids except auto clutch for his/her server?
Quote from Revzalot :I think wheels should be required to play LFS while other input devices should be banned such as the mouse, trackball, etc. This is an auto racing simulation after all and someone should program LFS to not allow the user to race with a mouse in MULTIPLAYER mode. *Flame suit on*

Got your ass handed to you by a mouser, didn't you...

Twat...

:feedtroll
Quote from Forbin :Got your ass handed to you by a mouser, didn't you...

Twat...

:feedtroll

Actually got my ass rammed. Where you been?
I used keyboard for half a year and I was as clean and as fast as most wheel racers. As long as someone is fast ad clean then it shouldn't be a problem. The problem arises when u get a keyboard driver trying to race the lx6 around south city...
Let people use what they want... or else you get servers that are very seperated and not everyone will be playing together... leaves people out, and could have fewer people playing online. The more people playing, the better, regardless of their control type.

I could care less if a keyboarder uses the FO8 with the keyboard. If the player is terrible at driving with those controls, oh well, do your best to avoid him, that's not too hard. The best thing to do is to find out the easy way, and not the hard way. In other words, don't expect the grid to be a great start every time... so check the connections list before a restart, look at what controls people are using, and you know who to look out for.

I sometimes use mouse occasionally -- when I wan't to just casually drive without setting up my wheel.
Quote from Revzalot :Actually got my ass rammed. Where you been?

Shit happens. Get over it.

Plenty of n00bs out there with wheels, too.
If you really are concerned how people view this as a sim...Then suggest a "Best Played with Wheel" screen. Not a flame war.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG