The online racing simulator
No, I really can't connect to Master server, really.
Hey,

Sorry about this, but I really can't connect to the master server.

I am trying to get LFS working here at school, but I am behind a horrible, horrible proxy server here that blocks all ports except 80, http.

I am just wondering if I can grab a license file or something of the nature from my PC at home so I can play on my laptop here at school.

Thanks for any suggestions
in lfs's folder inside cfg.txt there is a line that says port 80 0, change it to port 80 1 and try, i think it unlucks lfs using port 80, not sure :P , about that license file i dont think thats possible, i do know that you can unlock lfs in 2 computers to play in lan, but i dont know if they will be both be active playing online, maybe bob can help you better.
You can't transfer the unlocks I'm afraid, that would make it too easy to circumvent the license protection.

Also note that you would technically be in breach of the license agreement unless there was no way anyone other than you could load the unlocked copy of LFS.

Also IIRC Scawen has mentioned the port 80 setting is redundant on newer patches, so you're a bit stuffed there.

My suggestion - you don't need LFS at school, if you have time I'm sure the demo will suffice. If you're feeling lucky, sweet talk the techie.
In the new patch (V2), there is a line in the cfg.txt file called "Master Port" which you can set to the default or 80, which does work and uses port 80
Quote from dawesdust_12 :In the new patch (V2), there is a line in the cfg.txt file called "Master Port" which you can set to the default or 80, which does work and uses port 80

Just tried it, and it doesn't work.

Oh, and by the way, I am not at a high school, I am in University, and I live here on residence. I have quite a bit of spare time so I would really like to get LFS working.

I have this program called HTTPort, which redirects local ports such as FTP port 21 through port 80. It also works as a local socks 4 proxy and redirects that traffic through port 80 as well. Although it doesn't support UDP, I wonder if there is a way to configure it to access the master server...
Quote from BDerry :Just tried it, and it doesn't work.

Oh, and by the way, I am not at a high school, I am in University, and I live here on residence. I have quite a bit of spare time so I would really like to get LFS working.

same situation here.
its possible at all to play lfs behind a proxy?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :In the new patch (V2), there is a line in the cfg.txt file called "Master Port" which you can set to the default or 80, which does work and uses port 80

The alternate master port is 8080 rather than 80

it used to be 80 though
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG