The online racing simulator
A stupid question
(9 posts, started )
A stupid question
hi. I see with unreal tournament 2004, that people have made all kinds of mods
for it. Well for the most part they are just simple weapons and level changes. but some people modding that game went all out and radically changed it to where it's a completely different game. someone made it into a version of the old RTS game Total Annihilation, there's a race game, and somebody even made a golf game with this engine.
Well would it be possible to do something like that with the engine for LFS?
I wouldn't know what to make nor do I want to see anything made. I was just wondering if it was possible. LOL turn it into the Sims or something
well.. those games all have SDKs and source code released and stuff. LFS doesnt really have any of that yet because its not finnished.
Ah, an interesting idea, a LFS golf mod! No trolleys on the greens please!

I reckon a year or so after S3 is finished, people will be released the tools to do their own tracks, then produce sets of cars by group or 'class' as per the EA F1-type mods released. I can't see us playing golf in FZR's though, although a UF1 with the top off would be useful to follow round if full of cold beer.
Quote from al heeley :Ah, an interesting idea, a LFS golf mod! No trolleys on the greens please!

I reckon a year or so after S3 is finished, people will be released the tools to do their own tracks, then produce sets of cars by group or 'class' as per the EA F1-type mods released. I can't see us playing golf in FZR's though, although a UF1 with the top off would be useful to follow round if full of cold beer.

UF1 Polo, I like it

Or, use the GTR's ast the club, and the UF1 as the ball

I think we all look forward to the day when we can work on mods for this sim. Racing on real tracks will be the first thing that hopefully gets done.
yeah, i would like to play soccer with the uf's like they did on top gear.

it would be a nice little game to show off the physics.
Quote from Hallen :I think we all look forward to the day when we can work on mods for this sim. Racing on real tracks will be the first thing that hopefully gets done.

That's fine, I intend on making some real cars. Have to find someone to do all the modelling for me though.
Quote from Bob Smith :That's fine, I intend on making some real cars. Have to find someone to do all the modelling for me though.

I wish I could model. I ain't got the legs for it......
No really. I don't have a clue about 3d modeling, but would like to learn.
I can draw to scale and produce duplicate drawings from blueprints.
I'm no stranger to overly complicated graphics programs, but
where do you start with that? I realize that the latest greatest
3d program is megabucks, but how much for a version that's a couple a years old? and what would be compatable for LFS (lol what else would I use it for?)

Also, alot of people are concerned that modding may not be a good thing. You know compatable tracks, accurate physics for cars and so forth. I don't think so. I think that how close knit the community is, especially with the hardcore types, that there will actually only be a few mods and alot of support
and everyone will pretty much d/load these mods, whatever they might be.
I just don't see LFS having the same problems with this as other titles have.
I will model every car I can find locally here. My brother-in-law has a Romer Arm at work that he uses. That is a coordinate measuring machine. I always joked around with him that I was going to bring my bike in to use the Romer and create 3d drawings of it. It can plot something like 100 points per minute or such. Ah, I'm just joking of course about this, but I'm sure with the Romer Arm, it could be possible. Then the 3d modelling would be soooooo acurate. That would be cool. Unfortunately our Romer at work isn't quite big enough to do anything with a full size car. But then again, some of those 1:18 scale dicast models are pretty detailed.

The first car I'd like to see modelled is an AC Cobra. The second is a new Mustang GT. If only I had the skills and the computer power to model them.
#9 - Ziil
Quote from Racer Y :I wish I could model. I ain't got the legs for it......
No really. I don't have a clue about 3d modeling, but would like to learn.
I can draw to scale and produce duplicate drawings from blueprints.
I'm no stranger to overly complicated graphics programs, but
where do you start with that? I realize that the latest greatest
3d program is megabucks, but how much for a version that's a couple a years old? and what would be compatable for LFS (lol what else would I use it for?)

Also, alot of people are concerned that modding may not be a good thing. You know compatable tracks, accurate physics for cars and so forth. I don't think so. I think that how close knit the community is, especially with the hardcore types, that there will actually only be a few mods and alot of support
and everyone will pretty much d/load these mods, whatever they might be.
I just don't see LFS having the same problems with this as other titles have.

well you can learn modelling by buying this http://www.vtc.com/cd/3dsmax7.htm you dont really have to know anything about 3d modelling when you get that because i didnt and those tutorial videos really made everything crystal clear to me . the sad part is that i seem to have lost those nice dvds .

A stupid question
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG