The online racing simulator
Can't use regular brake and turn at same time??
Not sure if anyone else has this (donno what to search for anyway so) but i recently noticed this with my racing wheel:

When I try to go into a turn and I push the regular brakes and try to steer my wheel goes in the dirrection but it doesn't turn the car untill i let off the brakes

Is this a glitch that's fixable? Cuz even my dad said real cars don't do that.
#2 - Jakg
where the tyres locked when you did this? if so then its understandable, locked tyres will just skid in the direction inertia pushes them (so your Dads wrong)
google for traction circle and see the proof why it doesn't work
Quote from GruntOfAction :Cuz even my dad said real cars don't do that.

Remind me never to get in a car with your Dad, because real cars are like this!

If you're braking 100% then you won't be able to turn (although in theory you never ever brake 100%, especially if you consider each individual wheel, so you can always turn a bit).
Quote from GruntOfAction :Is this a glitch that's fixable? Cuz even my dad said real cars don't do that.

its not a glitch. ur wheels lock up and ur skidding no traction = no turning easy as that.
and yes most real cars dont do that, thats what they have ABS for
set ur brake power really low and then brake and turn at the same time and u will see it works cuz u still have traction.
u wouldnt want to brake in a turn anyways, cuz that very inefficient (dont know how to spell that).
Quote from tristancliffe :If you're braking 100% then you won't be able to turn

...so when you brake too late for a corner and you're going to nail the guy infront of you, be sure to get off the brakes for a moment while you swerve out of his way.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :u wouldnt want to brake in a turn anyways, cuz that very inefficient (dont know how to spell that).

you do do that actually, trial braking, you go in using a lot of brakes, then use less brakes and start the turn, as you turn in more and more you let off the brakes more and more, balancing the car - lets you brake earlier!
Quote from Jakg :you do do that actually, trial braking, you go in using a lot of brakes, then use less brakes and start the turn, as you turn in more and more you let off the brakes more and more, balancing the car - lets you brake earlier!

Later mate. It lets you brake later
You guys arnt understanding what i ment..

I apply %10 brake power (barely pushing it) and I can't steer peroid.

My dad even showed me in his truck that it turns with brakes on anyway.

And I wanna use brakes while going into teh corner because im used to that way in other games..
Brake, THEN turn. Simple.
If using 10% already prevents you from turning, maybe your wheel is set up wrong? Do the ingame wheels turn (hit V until you see them), or do they stay straight when you brake?

Or maybe your brake pedal is miscalibrated, so pressing it down 10% physically reports as 100% ingame? Check the red bar in the lower right corner, it should not have a white stripe on the top when you press the pedal 10% (white stripe means that LFS reads 100%). If that's the case, try recalibrating in Options > Controls.
Quote from GruntOfAction :You guys arnt understanding what i ment..

And I wanna use brakes while going into teh corner because im used to that way in other games..

Can you put a replay up please? Just a short one will do, with the problem in it.

If you are only using 10% brakes (assuming you've got a sensible setup) then perhaps there is a wiring glitch in your controller causing it to ignore steering whilst the brake is pressed.
Quote from GruntOfAction :You guys arnt understanding what i ment..

why don't you post a replay, so we can see what's happening?
Is it possible the pedals are being treated as a digital control rather than an analogue one? That would cause full brakes on a press, which you don't want.

Or it might be something simpler, like turning down the brake force in your setup. If your wheels are locked you won't turn, making both of the above arguments sort of right
Quote from Dajmin :Is it possible the pedals are being treated as a digital control rather than an analogue one? That would cause full brakes on a press, which you don't want.

Omfg...

That helped dude it fixed it zomg lol.

Also found out with it the harder you brake the less steering you have....damn i feel like a total noob.

Meh thats what I get for not being experienced with a Steering wheel I got for $50 at a Comp USA lol.
Quote from GruntOfAction :Omfg...

That helped dude it fixed it zomg lol.

Also found out with it the harder you brake the less steering you have....damn i feel like a total noob.

Meh thats what I get for not being experienced with a Steering wheel I got for $50 at a Comp USA lol.

If you use maximum traction for your braking you cannot use the tire for steering. If you want to read more on that, search for traction circles.

I also ripped some footage of yesterdays v8 supercars race to show that the "glitch" also happens in real life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhip7HxLYRw
lol
wow i can't really belive half of these people don't know this(not that im blaming). If you acutly read the training stuff it says multiplayer racing bannes ABS.ABS is a eletricronic system that if ur wheels lock up it pumps the break so that u can turn.with out ABS u can't turn at all untill u realise the brakes it self.
Quote from MasterofDrift :wow i can't really belive half of these people don't know this(not that im blaming). If you acutly read the training stuff it says multiplayer racing bannes ABS.ABS is a eletricronic system that if ur wheels lock up it pumps the break so that u can turn.with out ABS u can't turn at all untill u realise the brakes it self.

ABS is an electonic device which constantly monitors the speed of your wheels and whenever one or more lock up it just gives less braking force so the wheel is moving again letting you have certainly more grip.That's not right to say that the lock up won't let you turn the wheels at all.It just says (because a locked wheel surely has less grip of a moving one because its relative speed to the ground second by second is 0) that turning isn't effective in this case unless you rapidly release them.It also says that a lockep up wheel increases braking spaces for the same reason as above.So its a nice aid for road cars but really not needed in races because racers know where the limit separating hardbraking and lockup is.
my car is a living action of this so called bug... if i push too hard the brakes my car dont turn and also end up drifting for 1 sec or flip backwards hehe btw i have a toyota corolla 83 RWD
Quote from turbo_boy :my car is a living action of this so called bug... if i push too hard the brakes my car dont turn and also end up drifting for 1 sec or flip backwards hehe btw i have a toyota corolla 83 RWD

Drifting for "1 sec". That's new to me

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG