The online racing simulator
New sim video
(33 posts, started )
That's a bummer Do you have Windows Media Player 10 installed? Works fine on that for me.
#27 - JTbo
Quote from jtw62074 :By the way, there is a method to the madness when it comes to finding the rpm of a recorded sample. What I do when working with samples is run a program that plays a sine wave with a frequency controlled by a scrollbar at the same time the recorded engine sample is playing in a loop. Just adjust the frequency to match and resonate with the recorded sample and then you can calculate the rpm quite accurately from that.

I posted somewhere else here on how to do that if I'm not mistaken. If you're interested a search might turn up that thread. The idea is that the base frequency where it resonates equals how many exhaust pulses you have per second. So considering # of cylinders and whether it's a 2 stroke or 4 stroke engine it's easy to calculate. If there's interest maybe I can put up a little proggy to play the sine wave and show the rpm directly after you input # of cylinders and 2/4 stroke. Any interest, folks?

Thanks will check out this stuff, going insane does not sound too good indeed

Nice to know that I could help at least with something, you have helped very much with tires already

Proggy idea sounds quite good, I believe there is use for such

XCNuse, grab Gspot codec information tool and check if you have right codec for video clip and then if you have some ffdshow or similar installed try set so that ffdshow does not decode clips. Maybe this helps a bit?
Not sure if this helps identifying codecs and what not (I'm no video wizard), but the video was made with Windows Movie Maker.
ok i got it, thanks a ton JTBo

when i ran it btw it did say the codec was undetermined.. owell, something works now
Todd: Maybe it's the wmv compressing the sound, but it sounds like there's a lot of high frequency distortion that doesn't sound pleasing at all.

This may also be a result, at least partially, of listening to it through some headphones that are known for being a little bright up top (Grado SR125) in addition to being highly sensitive.
@forbin, if you get a headache after listening to it the first time... no worries the sound is just that plain bad in the video lol i really hope its not like that in-game :S i wouldn't make it to the first turn before needing to take some tylenol!
Right, hence my comment "Ignoring the high frequency ringing and other artifacts..."

Tough to ignore of course especially through headphones, but the idea is that eventually it will of course be eliminated.
#33 - JTbo
It is not troubling me at all really, try to listen that ignition sample clip with headphones and loud volume trying to diagnose spark, after 10mins your ears will bleed

Well, I did grow up with SID chip and tracker music so I guess my brain is permanently changed (damaged some say) and I can tolerate such distortions rather well, even right now I'm comparing few tracks of music that sounds mostly like those distortions and I'm enjoying it

New sim video
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG