The online racing simulator
#26 - Gunn
Quote from Bob Smith :I would if it were not for the fear of slipping into a coma.

I thought 15 was the coma barrier.
#27 - wark
For Future Reference
and FOR THE RECORD

(speaking of OCD)

Symmetry has one S and two Ms. :tired:
Don't know what you're talking about...
I would love asymetric suspension setups. For those who don't want it, then just give a basic and advanced button that allows us to choose what we want.

The biggest advantage of it, it allows you to control independant rebound n bump damper settings to aid in turn in/out on a particular corner (important one). Thats what real racers do, the rest of the track is a compromise in setup. That way the car handles the best in the most important corner(s).

I love it for tyre/camber settings n would love it even more for Suspension setups. If you don't want to add an advanced/basic button, then ppl who don't want to mess with asymetrics can just make them equal, no problem.

I would also like to see Castor be put back in, and any other setup options that have been taken out. The more the merrier is my view. Then its my choice depending on my skill at setups how much I want to mess with.

Ppl who don't want to mess with too much can just stick with the basics... but for them, it would be much better to have an advanced and basic setup screen like in GP4.

Ven
Caster is still adjustable in LFS, but only on the race cars.
Quote from Bob Smith :Caster is still adjustable in LFS, but only on the race cars.

And in the RAC and the LXs'.
i know a few people who have said caster should still be changeable on road cars.

could be worth putting it back in alot of people seem to want it.

but still, assymetric suspensions is more important and hopefully they will add them
Quote from Blackout :And in the RAC and the LXs'.

Well the LXs are race cars designed for road use also, they're not exactly accomodating as a means of transportation.
Last time I checked, adjsutable caster is standard in most if not all cars with double wishbone front suspension. As I've mentioned before, Pajeros had adjustable caster since the first model and have retained this capability even to this day (by sticking to their trademark independent duoble wishbone design). This is true of practically all pickup trucks with double wishbones too, along with all double wishbone front suspension sedans and performance cars I've worked on.

Conclusion: All double wishboned front LFS cars MUST have adjsutable camber. This is thankfully true in the current LFS liuneup of cars. However, IRL, Mcpherson strut fronts CAN have their front casters adjsuted with relatively minimal cost even in stock form (castor plates are one way to do it), or in LFS since all the road cars are practically streetable track cars anyway, so it isn't a stretch to modify them for larger castor adjustments. Seriously, if I wanted to drive my car on a track regularly, I would gladly invest in 2-4 way race dampers, race tuned springs and so on.

However, what matters most is still to enable assymetric settings. Don't be surpsrised if you discover that some cars are assymetrically set in OEM. This is true for cars that range form pickup trucks to high performance sports cars. For roadable track cars such as those we drive in LFS, assymetric sets are necessary to compensate for the inherent assymetry in L/R weight distribution of production based cars.
sorry for brining this up again, but is there any one else out there who thinks this is a good idea?

i just got a 48.12 on ky oval in XRT. im so.... happy kinda with it. my team mate PMD9409 got 48.18, 1st n 2nd in WR, and 3rd is Thunder-Ice with a 48.23

anyway, if this idea does happen, lap times would be alot quicker,

so the more replys to this post the better

thanks guys

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG