The online racing simulator
rev limits
(5 posts, started )
rev limits
I think that there should be a rev limit setting in the car setups. Then, if it was too high you would damage the engine, and if its to low then you hit it too fast.
This is quite unreal. In real life, we cant really mod the limiter, without messing with the ECU, or approiate car part (unsure what controls the rev limiters).

I think there should be a mod, to change the rev limiter thou
EDIT: On the race cars there should be a rev limit setting. The cars that are stock should not have this setting.
what if the race cars had the mods to make it have a two step limiter...like the nopi dragster cars....
#5 - ajp71
Some real race cars are fitted with rev limiters those that are are fully adjustable, in road cars I don't know if LFS should bother implimenting rev limiters, despite being a realistic touch you should not be hitting them anyway. I think engine damage needs to be properley simulated first before there is any point a rev limiter will not protect you changing down gears to fast but offers a certain degree of protection when changing up with too much throttle or missing a gear.

rev limits
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG